Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Ssn saying we are in talks with Harrison Ashby

Well nice one for the future but not really one of the positions we were looking to strengthen this season. I suppose with the Krafth injury he's a bit more topical.

It would be amazing to go for Gladbach’s Kone today. Gladbach is not a big club and Kone would be available for decent fee (compared to British market).

He doesn’t play for France but regular starter at Gladbach so working permit should be ok.

2 hours ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:
  1. Pope
  2. Darlow
  3. Gillespie
  4. Trippier
  5. Manquillo
  6. Botman
  7. Schar
  8. Lascelles
  9. Burn
  10. Targett
  11. Lewis
  12. Dummett
  13. Guimaraes
  14. Longstaff
  15. Willock
  16. Joelinton
  17. Saint Maximin
  18. Fraser
  19. Ritchie
  20. Almiron
  21. Murphy
  22. Isak
  23. Wilson
  24. Wood

Unregistered: Krafth, Shelvey (injuries)

U21: Anderson

Assumes departure of: Dubravka, Fernandez, Matty Longstaff

Think that leaves a space?

Think Ritchie will get taken off.

Just now, TRon said:

Well nice one for the future but not really one of the positions we were looking to strengthen this season. I suppose with the Krafth injury he's a bit more topical.

Wouldn't have to register him in the 25 and would likely push Manquillo as Trippier cover?

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I'm surprised we haven't been going for more young prospects for the future that can bolster our squad without adding to the 25 man limit, given that our academy is probably a long way from regularly producing them.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Wouldn't have to register him in the 25 and would likely push Manquillo as Trippier cover?

I'm sure he's a great prospect tbh, very pleased with the signing if it happens, just not likely to have an impact on this season's campaign. We need a midfielder or a forward. Or preferaby both.

6 minutes ago, Elephant said:

It would be amazing to go for Gladbach’s Kone today. Gladbach is not a big club and Kone would be available for decent fee (compared to British market).

He doesn’t play for France but regular starter at Gladbach so working permit should be ok.

How does it work with work permits & the transfer deadline?

Presumably as long as the contracts are all agreed and the PL/FA have all the relevant paperwork the work permit can just come later?

2 hours ago, Nine said:

That’s a nothing tweet really. Anyone who has been paying attention knows this and they will have already have a list of the right characters in the positions needed. More of a case of are we really that eager to get another one done today rather than difficulty picking out the players from what’s potentially available.

Consider though, it's a bit different on deadline day? If someone randomly or suddenly becomes available, they may well be good for the team, but I think the report is suggesting, it will also come down to Eddie deciding if they're the right personality. 

Basically Ashworth/Nickson identifies a good enough player,but Eddie might not feel it's right.

How I see/read it anyway.