Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

That would be an excellent signing. Leverkusen are also doing very badly, a bid for Diaby maybe?

Think they wanted 60 million in the summer so that would have it be lowered significantly I think.

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think they wanted 60 million in the summer so that would have it be lowered significantly I think.

This is more out of hope but if Leverkusen are still in the bottom half of the Bundesliga and are out of the Champions League come the World Cup or January and we're in touch of 7th or the top 6, may that tempt him? Or tempt Al-Rumayyan to get the cheque book out again a la the Isak deal?

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

This is more out of hope but if Leverkusen are still in the bottom half of the Bundesliga and are out of the Champions League come the World Cup or January and we're in touch of 7th or the top 6, may that tempt him? Or tempt Al-Rumayyan to get the cheque book out again a la the Isak deal?

Al-Rumayyan is due to watch us at St James again before the WC break, if we are in and around where we are now, i think it’s possible. I would expect us to go for Maddison over Diaby though.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

At this stage a Diaby, Harrison or Maddison who can all play in multiple positions would be perfect for us. We need talent and versatility in forward areas.

Maddison for me 

I’ve definitely had a reprisal of Maddison’s character but I still have concerns about his lack of athleticism if he’s going to be part of the same midfield as Bruno.

Either way it’s  going to be fascinating to see how EH evolves this squad over the next 18 month. Feel like we are a budget Liverpool in our style. If intensity is indeed our identity then not sure how Maddison slots into the squad. Today highlighted again we probably have a greater need for a DM so we can free up Bruno.

34 minutes ago, STM said:

At this stage a Diaby, Harrison or Maddison who can all play in multiple positions would be perfect for us. We need talent and versatility in forward areas.

27 minutes ago, duo said:

Maddison for me 

Think we should add all three tbh... two of them are bound to be long-term injured.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

The Bournemouth match made it clear to me why we need Maddison, but I'm also now thinking we maybe need another up and coming striker, we're a likely Wilson injury away from a huge drop off in quality. 

This is the problem though, we already signed one and he's bloody injured. I had the same internal discussion about right back. What if Trippier picks up a knock, we are fucked.

What do we do, sign another right back? Then have 3 when Krafth returns? 

Best case scenario for striker is that someone like Fulham need a Mitro stand in and we can flog them Wood for 10m. We could then turn our attention to someone like Joao Pedro etc but it's a real juggling act.

On right back, I'd seriously consider going after Lamptey who doesn't seem to get game time at Brighton. I reckon Howe would turn Lamptey into a top rank right back, especially with Trippier mentoring him.

13 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Manquillo fills in for Trippier or Targett if Burn playing LB.

Manquillo seems to be persona non grata.

I don't know what's happened but you have to assume he wouldn't go from, never in the match day squad, to straight into the first team.

I'm not even sure he is training with the squad. I can't remember the last time I have seen him.

Question for the football hipsters: If we had 30/40m to spend on a top class "Botman-esq" left back, presumably from Europe somewhere... where do we look? 

Long term, we need someone better on the ball but preferably with the physicality to go with it.

I'm not even suggesting in the summer by the way because I do like Targett and Burn, it just seems there's a lack of quality left backs knocking around.

Apparently Nickson was at Celtic v Leipzig during the week, think we’ve watched Riley a few times now from Celtic.

Probably an unpopular opinion but not fussed on Maddison, can’t get away from his constant play acting and don’t think he does it enough consistently for price we’d have to pay.

Would be happy if they just went all in on Diaby and a defensive midfielder to release Bruno further forward.

Realistically I can see the Brazilian kid from Vasco and a winger signing in January.

Edited by Whitley mag

12 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Apparently Nickson was at Celtic v Leipzig during the week, think we’ve watched Riley a few times now from Celtic.

Probably an unpopular opinion but not fussed on Maddison, can’t get away from his constant play acting and don’t think he does it enough consistently for price we’d have to pay.

Would be happy if they just went all in on Diaby and a defensive midfielder to release Bruno further forward.

Realistically I can see the Brazilian kid from Vasco and a winger signing in January.

Who? Matthew O'Riley?

15 hours ago, LFEE said:

I’ve definitely had a reprisal of Maddison’s character but I still have concerns about his lack of athleticism if he’s going to be part of the same midfield as Bruno.

Either way it’s  going to be fascinating to see how EH evolves this squad over the next 18 month. Feel like we are a budget Liverpool in our style. If intensity is indeed our identity then not sure how Maddison slots into the squad. Today highlighted again we probably have a greater need for a DM so we can free up Bruno.

He's a cracking player but I agree. I think you can have one player who is not the fastest, especially one who basically controls the game like Bruno, but I would be wary of having too many, especially if he's an attacker. Not sure about Madisson's pace mind, is he lacking a bit in that department?