Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Messi and Ronaldo are freaks though. There's plenty of players who've conked out due to starting their career early

Owen, Torres, Rooney, Wilshere all started their career early and all struggled when they got to their late 20s/ 30s. I'm not sure how much of a factor it will be with Tielemans but it's probably worth considering

4 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

If 320 games make your legs stop working, someone needs to tell Messi and Ronaldo. Absolute nonsense talk.

Sure people can peak early and maybe he has, but not just because he's played a lot. Injuries or attitude sure, but you don't have mileage concerns like he's a cheap Ford Mondeo.

Dont really know about Tielemans (although he doesn’t particularly seem to do much running/pressing/sprinting when I watch him) but there are plenty of players who have retired many years before Messi and Ronaldo because their fitness/legs have gone- you can hardly use those two absolute elite athletes to argue your point!

I imagine more players could go on for longer if they keep to a very strict fitness and recovery regime. If you're not dedicated to their level though you'll probably feel the effects of playing hundreds of games a lot quicker.

Not saying that's necessarily the case with him though.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

8 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Messi and Ronaldo are freaks though. There's plenty of players who've conked out due to starting their career early

Owen, Torres, Rooney, Wilshere all started their career early and all struggled when they got to their late 20s/ 30s. I'm not sure how much of a factor it will be with Tielemans but it's probably worth considering

Owen had hamstrings made of cheese. Rooney liked the drink too much and didn't look after himself (just look at him now), Wilshire injuries too. I'm not saying players don't peak early, I explicitly acknowledged that. I said they don't peak early because of number of games in itself and I stand by that.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Tielemans is playing like a player wanting to leave and protecting himself. He's at about 70%, if that. 

100% this. He can now sign a pre contract agreement with foreign clubs, in 6 months he can move for free to a PL club - consciously or unconsciously he will be holding back as a big injury would be disastrous for him personally. It will get worse as the season goes on.

Having a player who wants to leave enter the last 12 months of his contract carries this risk (if the player is desperate to stay it’s totally different). Leicester should really try and move him on now.

7 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

100% this. He can now sign a pre contract agreement with foreign clubs, in 6 months he can move for free to a PL club - consciously or unconsciously he will be holding back as a big injury would be disastrous for him personally. It will get worse as the season goes on.

Having a player who wants to leave enter the last 12 months of his contract carries this risk (if the player is desperate to stay it’s totally different). Leicester should really try and move him on now.

Yup. Leicester knew the risk and went with it. Now they have a player not at full commitment and 100% leaving in 6 months for free (if they don't sell now)

Tielemans is also probably sick of giving it his all when others are either shite or not 100% either. It's a negative place to be currently, which is a shame (for them) as it was all going so well not so long ago. Probably something we should remind ourselves, as quickly as form and good times arrive, they leave even sooner.

While I’d rather we sign a more explosive midfielder, there is no denying if we can sign Tielemans we’re massively upgrading the technical quality of our team. I know the guy has played a ton of football up to now, but I suspect we’re seeing a guy who’s had club and country fatigue playing for the same coach who’s been struggling as of late and he’s in need of a move to freshen up the next stage of his career. 

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Wonder what his wages are. I imagine he'd be up there with Vardy as Leicester's highest paid player.

Currently on £120kpw and was allegedly wanting £200kpw last summer to sign elsewhere. 

30 minutes ago, Emotic said:

If Tielemans wants 200k per week, then he'd better stop playing like a 45K per week player.[emoji38]

Given the overall cost of Tielemens across the length of his contract, I do wonder whether the new owners may take the view that we could get better value abroad in the summer and hold off/let someone else take the risk?

He's looked proper top drawer at times but then a lot of games seem to have passed him by over the last couple of years.

With six months left on his contract, you also wonder whether Tielemans would actually want to leave right now, knowing that he’d get a huge signing on fee and larger wages being a free agent in the summer.

He’s a luxury player basically. He goes missing too much for me. Would he be an upgrade on say  Shelvey or Longstaff? Easily, but I’d prefer a different type of player myself for our midfield. Having said that, again, I wouldn’t say no because on his day he’s a top player. I’d love us to sign Maddison, he’d be perfect for us.

Wasn't Bruno rumoured to be getting an improved contract at around 200k/ week? That would push our wage structure up significantly, but I do think we could do better than that level for Tielemans personally.

Edited by Klaus

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

With six months left on his contract, you also wonder whether Tielemans would actually want to leave right now, knowing that he’d get a huge signing on fee and larger wages being a free agent in the summer.

No guarantee he'd get larger wages  plus as he hadn't asked for a transfer he'd get a decent chunk of any fee plus bonuses etc. and his next 6months wouldn't be dead time.