Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

Apart from the Arsenal game though, we have created plenty of really good chances in games. It’s clear to see we need some quality to finish those chances. All those clean sheets also tell me a defensive minded player is not what we need.

I don’t want a 1 dimensional player to sit in front of the defence, much prefer a player like Bruno who also gets up and down.

So if we were to bring one player in, for me it has to be a player that can play across the front three and score goals.

It's one of those things I've always felt never felt the need to comment on but I guess it boils down to what you class as a 'good quality chance'.

For me a specualtive cross into the box, whilst clearly an obviously successfull strategy, it's not my definition of a good quality chance in comparison to one crafted in the same way Almiron's 2nd at Fulham came about or Isaks debut goal vs Liverpool.

We're brilliant at pinning in teams 20 yards from their goal and putting in speculative crosses but there's very little imagination through the centre because players like Longstaff and Willock don't quote have as much vision as the likes of Bruno.

Also don't agree it's right to assume a number 6 is purely defensive minded. A Neves type number 6 is not by definition a box to box type midfield nor defensive but his passing range is critical to the way Wolves play, and whilst we've been excellent defensively it's largely because of how high up the pitch we win the ball and that's driven largely from our midfielders, we shouldn't compromise on that, which I beleive Howe feels the same on as he's clearly not trusting ASM despite him being one of our most creative players.

Edited by Thumbheed

Read this on the Everton forum and if true there’s no way Eddie Howe would want that. See point 3..

“Sell all day long for me. 

3 observations:
1: When Ancellotti was manager, during training there was footage of him trying to 'play punch' Big Dunc. Light-hearted or not, it smacked of mucking around and disrespect. He went out on loan to Preston not long after. Should be knuckling down, not pissing around.

2: On the pitch he exposes the full back playing behind him. He cost us 2 goals at home to Brentford at last season in a must win game. He looked like he was throwing a hissy fit because of the Braithwaite sending off meaning he had to play right midfield instead of as a forward. Rico Henry rinsed him and Iwobi who filling in at RB. He should have been wiser to the support Iwobi needed. Patterson called him out earlier in the season for doing the same to him. At worst he isn't a team player. At best he is positionally naive. The same naivity that gave away the free kick last weekend...

3: He is not physically fit enough to play in the Premier League. Look back at the pre season videos and the distance running challenge. Mina was last (obvs cos of his glass legs), but second last and almost fainting on the finish line was young Ant. Even Dele beat him.”

Just can’t see it happening, thankfully. He’s also minging and I really think that level of ugliness will just depress everyone here.

Important to remember Everton are in free fall this season, he's getting no decent coaching or platform to improve.

Everton fans pretty much want to burn the lot down, so unsuprising they have very little positive to say about any players.

31 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

This! We have a superb water tight defence. We have legs, stamina, the attitude, we have strikers and decent wingers for now, we need someone who can pick that final pass, to change the game, add some magic and also shoot from distance! Maddison looks like the man we should go out for.

He would take the burden off Bruno, help bring our wingers into play with more imagination, and help our strikers when team play a low block.

If not Maddison, then someone who can run at the defence with skill and ability to play off the striker, Beardsley-esque - god knows who that is. I agree Wilson looks quote isolated at times.

I agree but I fear Maddison is going to be injured for most of the season, every season.

29 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Read this on the Everton forum and if true there’s no way Eddie Howe would want that. See point 3..

3 observations:
1: When Ancellotti was manager, during training there was footage of him trying to 'play punch' Big Dunc. Light-hearted or not, it smacked of mucking around and disrespect. He went out on loan to Preston not long after. Should be knuckling down, not pissing around.

2: On the pitch he exposes the full back playing behind him. He cost us 2 goals at home to Brentford at last season in a must win game. He looked like he was throwing a hissy fit because of the Braithwaite sending off meaning he had to play right midfield instead of as a forward. Rico Henry rinsed him and Iwobi who filling in at RB. He should have been wiser to the support Iwobi needed. Patterson called him out earlier in the season for doing the same to him. At worst he isn't a team player. At best he is positionally naive. The same naivity that gave away the free kick last weekend...

3: He is not physically fit enough to play in the Premier League. Look back at the pre season videos and the distance running challenge. Mina was last (obvs cos of his glass legs), but second last and almost fainting on the finish line was young Ant. Even Dele beat him.”

Just can’t see it happening, thankfully. He’s also minging and I really think that level of ugliness will just depress everyone here.

Great post.

He's shit.

9 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

3 observations:

He quite clearly is physically fit enough to play in the Premier League though. His defensive numbers are great and I cannot see how a teenager play fighting with his manager is evidence of anything?

I doubt we’re in for him but the reaction to our supposed interest is baffling.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

4. I heard he spent all his pocket money on those flying saucer pick n mix sweets when there were tons of fizzy cola bottles available. Can’t be trusted with his decision making and will never make it at the top level

I'm going to try and be a better poster. Refrain from calling people ****s & dunces ?

I'm sort of pragmatic about our position. We are where we BECAUSE of the team/squad not in spite of anyone of them. 

Eddie's, clearly, got a system even tho I'm wary, as the season goes on, the harder it will get. 

I totally agree we need players that will drop straight into the main 14. Ongoing additions that will, eventually, mean an all round top squad. 

However I'm minded to point out even against defensive teams we still create good scoring chances. Admittedly we've not capitalised on them, thinking Longstaff, Migi and the Joes BUT we do create. 

If we do get anyone in I think it's must be a DM to push Bruno further up. 

Happy with a point yesterday 

Something that's amusing in a different way - from The Guardian:

West Ham will hope to fetch more than £100m for Rice, which would make him the most expensive British player. However, the England international’s contract runs until the summer of 2024, with the option of an additional year, and that could force West Ham to settle for a fee in the region of £80m.

Wtaf

1 hour ago, elbee909 said:

Something that's amusing in a different way - from The Guardian:

West Ham will hope to fetch more than £100m for Rice, which would make him the most expensive British player. However, the England international’s contract runs until the summer of 2024, with the option of an additional year, and that could force West Ham to settle for a fee in the region of £80m.

Wtaf

Bruno + Botman + Burn = Declan Rice.  Fuck off :lol:

Just now, loki679 said:

Bruno + Botman + Burn = Declan Rice.  Fuck off :lol:

Probably in the minority here but I'd be okay with us spending 80m on Declan Rice in the summer. Absolute guaranteed proven top level Premier League CDM. Him and Bruno could be in our midfield spine for the next 6/7 years. Obviously it's alot of money but not sure you could find a much surer thing than what he'd give for the team.

5 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Probably in the minority here but I'd be okay with us spending 80m on Declan Rice in the summer. Absolute guaranteed proven top level Premier League CDM. Him and Bruno could be in our midfield spine for the next 6/7 years. Obviously it's alot of money but not sure you could find a much surer thing than what he'd give for the team.

If Gordon is worth 50 million then 80 on Rice is a bargain.

I think Rice would be absolutely perfect for us if we didn’t have Joelinton like.

He still might be tbf, but I feel like we’re desperate for someone like Maddison, not another ball carrier.

He replaced Longstaff in the current system we’re playing (with Joelinton on the left) and we’re improved 10-fold, but this doesn’t feel like it’s going to last.

18 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Agree tho, I'm not sure why, I'd rather have Phillips if he wasn't fat and at Man City already ?