Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

My 2 biggest outlays would be Szabozlai and Raphinha with this in mind 

Then you top it up with Maddison

Which leaves K Thuram - Tierney and Disasi/Danso etc as your other signings 

That’s 200m :lol:

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I can’t see us spending 200m. I mean watching the cries of sportswashing and cheating would make it worth it though 

It’s more the wages being an issue I think. Increased sponsorship and getting rid of certain players will naturally help, but it’ll still need reducing short term to comply with future regulations. 

Just now, Manxst said:

It’s more the wages being an issue I think. Increased sponsorship and getting rid of certain players will naturally help, but it’ll still need reducing short term to comply with future regulations. 

The wages one is interesting, I think it very much depends on where you’re buying from. If your aiming go buy from inflated markets like the premier league then yes, we better get ready to pay up. If we are buying players of the same profile as Bruno and Botman then it should be manageable. 

Just now, Manxst said:

Probably got an extra 500k at the end of the season with the new shirt deal and contracts expiring. I'd expect us to stretch another 100k a week out in other new sponsors and we'll sell a couple of players as well. 

Think we've got room to spend 200m and support its weekly outlay.

Vitor Roque

Raphinha/Kulusevski

Arda Guler

Sorryboysoshy/Baturina

Thuram/Kone/Merino

Carlos Augusto/Tierney

Todibo

Fresneda

Just throwing out some random names here, both cheap and expensive options. Not that we will sign this many, but players i'd be very happy with.

Edited by Ikon

Just now, Dokko said:

Probably got an extra 500k at the end of the season with the new shirt deal and contracts expiring. I'd expect us to stretch another 100k a week out in other new sponsors and we'll sell a couple of players as well. 

Think we've got room to spend 200m and support its weekly outlay.

I’d read recently that we were up to nearly 95% wages to turnover. That, plus increases for Bruno etc, doesn’t sound very healthy, considering Amanda said the wage bill needed reducing drastically last year. Know we’ll have increased wriggle room with higher turnover, but buying players from top 5 leagues/CL teams will need to be carefully managed (which I’m aware the club will do, but it’s still a big consideration regarding all these potential signing names). 

Personally i think we will be signing players similar to Botman/Isak Bruno and a couple of wonderkids perhaps.

For whatever positions that might be..

Players like Dominik/Wirtz isn't entirely impossible as an Isak typ of signing imo. Depending on Wirtz price/knee.

Edited by Ikon

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Chris Rigg to sign for us on his 16th birthday? 

Pewa profit for them at least.

Mackem I know (not of the RTG variant) is adamant we are out of the equation, either he'll stay (most likely he reckons) or off to Man-U 

5 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Personally i think we will be signing players similar to Botman/Isak Bruno and a couple of wonderkids perhaps.

For whatever positions that might be..

Players like Dominik/Wirtz isn't entirely impossible as an Isak typ of signing imo. Depending on Wirtz price/knee.

I think CL changes a lot of things Ikon - if this was a non CL window I think we’d buy Tierney - A mid - Maddison

with CL football we buy 2 stars and 1 additional player (CB) with the money and sponsor deals 

Just now, Mikky said:

I think CL changes a lot of things Ikon - if this was a non CL window I think we’d buy Tierney - A mid - Maddison

with CL football we buy 2 stars and 1 additional player (CB) with the money and sponsor deals 

Aye it definitely does change things. Exciting times ahead. Quality before quantity even though we need much better depth :thup: 

Sign "wonderkids" for backup and allow current starting players also provide depth IF new players coming in show more quality.

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Aye it definitely does change things. Exciting times ahead. Quality before quantity even though we need much better depth :thup: 

Sign "wonderkids" for backup and allow current starting players also provide depth IF new players coming in show more quality.

Just as a left back option I wonder if we might take a look at the Rennes LB (Truffert?) as an alternative to Tierney 

20 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Mackem I know (not of the RTG variant) is adamant we are out of the equation, either he'll stay (most likely he reckons) or off to Man-U 

Sounds like copium and usual mackems tales to make them sleep easier at night. ?

12 minutes ago, Mikky said:

However much we spend I think CL qualification removes some of the haggling for top players. As in some might’ve been waiting to see if we get top four (some might come irrespective as with Bruno, Botman etc). Europe league might’ve meant a bit more convincing for some players with options in front of them. 

CL qualification changes the dynamic too though in that we now HAVE to bring in quality and a fair bit of it. That doesn’t mean we’ll necessarily spend 200m but we’re going to have to shell out a fair old whack to be competitive on all fronts and maintain CL status next season in the league. 

49 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I’d read recently that we were up to nearly 95% wages to turnover. That, plus increases for Bruno etc, doesn’t sound very healthy, considering Amanda said the wage bill needed reducing drastically last year. Know we’ll have increased wriggle room with higher turnover, but buying players from top 5 leagues/CL teams will need to be carefully managed (which I’m aware the club will do, but it’s still a big consideration regarding all these potential signing names). 

Absolutely, and it’s why people have to realise we can’t get players in on £200k p/w (yet).

You can spend ~£60m on an Isak-type player and be able to pay them £100k/£120k p/w, which we can obviously do.

But what we can’t do is spend ~£60m on someone like Marco Asensio or Ansu Fati who would probably command £200k+ p/w (those two might be poor examples, but you see what I mean).

6 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Wor Eddie not exactly filling me with confidence about changes this summer…

That's just Howe though. 

Chats about FFP, plays down the budget or amount of players that he wants to sign, never wants to sell anyone.

It's been the same every transfer window.

We've massively played down our transfer market capabilities every single time, before then blowing significant dollar. I would take anything anyone at the club says with even a gallon of salt. 

An awful lot of the discourse on here during the summer window was how you say? 'bedwetty as fook'; and it all turned out thoroughly marvellous. I pray that we're not gonna go through the same shit again if we haven't signed Szoboszlai and Diaby by mid-July.

They'll get it right, they always do.