Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

15 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Totally get us not front-loading if it's going to leave us with little flexibility this time next year, but if there's a sure thing staring at us and there's a deal to be done, I hope we don't hesitate. We're on the fringes of the European places here; a signing on Maddison's level could see us usurp Man Utd.

A good point made in that article that we signed a whole new back 5 (Trippier, Botman, Burn, Targett and Pope) for the price of 1 Harry Maguire :lol:

7 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Sarr is no better than Miggy/Fraser - so no real blow if he goes elsewhere 

ideally want a player at a higher level than those 3

I’m not to bothered at missing out on him, but come on, he’s loads better than Miggy.

35 minutes ago, Elephant said:

Horrible players like Son, de Bruyne, Firmino, Havertz.. and you can soon add Håland to that list as well. Not to forget how well Gundogan has played scoring 21 goals during last two seasons. 

Depends what you class as recent. Son, KDB and Firminho were 2015. 

Havertz literally proves the point :lol: 

Guest HTT II
16 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Sarr is no better than Miggy/Fraser - so no real blow if he goes elsewhere 

ideally want a player at a higher level than those 3

Sorry he is a level above those two, just look at his stats…

30 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Totally get us not front-loading if it's going to leave us with little flexibility this time next year, but if there's a sure thing staring at us and there's a deal to be done, I hope we don't hesitate. We're on the fringes of the European places here; a signing on Maddison's level could see us usurp Man Utd.

I understand the rationale around FFP. However, I don’t think the club can extend that argument when targeting a player of Maddison’s quality and profile.

£50m seems a fair reflection of his value.

1 minute ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Depends what you class as recent. Son, KDB and Firminho were 2015. 

Havertz literally proves the point :lol: 

But who has been so terrible its the worst?

Sorry for not transfer related....

8 minutes ago, Mikky said:

I don’t believe he is loads better than Miggy  tbh 

Well in 22 games for a terrible Watford side last season he got 5 goals and 2 assists 

Almiron in 30 games for us got 1 goal 

22 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I think we will make a late massive push for Diaby or Maddison and try and get Broja on loan from Chelsea with a view to buy.

We feel fairly well run now and well calculated. Gambling on deadline day is never a good plan.

If that article is true and we won't cough up £10m to get Maddison for £50m it's really dissapointing.

It just seems like we are being overly cautious about all this FFP stuff?

If we really are so limited then the £25m on Wood looks worse and worse. 

1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

If that article is true and we won't cough up £10m to get Maddison for £50m it's really dissapointing.

The fact we’re still in the PL makes the £25m on Wood pretty good tbh

1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

Our very survival in the premier league  was at risk then and we had like 3 people trying to source a striker. This has surely been done to death now.

Yes he was overpriced. But he was all we could find when we needed a striker and was someone we had at least scouted. 

FFP now /= FFP next year or the year following, there are bound to be numerous sponsorship/partnership deals in the pipeline, commercial revenue has not been explored for over 14 years, we can bring in a decent sum in the next 24 months to offset any additional expenditure surely?

1 minute ago, Mattoon said:

FFP now /= FFP next year or the year following, there are bound to be numerous sponsorship/partnership deals in the pipeline, commercial revenue has not been explored for over 14 years, we can bring in a decent sum in the next 24 months to offset any additional expenditure surely?

With the CEO only being in place for a few weeks. We may not have done very much on that front.

If we were confident that would be in place in the short-term, I think we would push the boat out more. Clearly, we are operating on the basis of as-is for now.

Edited by The College Dropout

Just now, The College Dropout said:

With the CEO only being in place for a few weeks. We may not have done very much on that front.

Has he even started? I thought he’d only just said farewell to Atlanta 

2 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

This may be the case, in fact I'd say it's very likely, but it still involves spending now based on speculated income in the future. From everything we have been told about the current owners/PIF that's not something I can imagine them wanting to do.

I mean I know we needed a striker but the narrative being spun was it didn't matter that we overpaid as the £25m was irrelevant to our spending if we stayed up. 

Just frustrating if Maddison is truly available at that price and we can't pay it. Genuinely thought we'd have a quality RW and ST as backup this window. 

Obviously the window is still open and I'm sure we'll get something done but our only attacking signing so far to be Wood over nearly two windows. I know people keep saying the journos are all wrong about the budget and Ashworth is sorting deals none of them know about I just don't buy it and think we'll be a bit short.