Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

9 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

I believe we have as much as an individual deal requires. At the moment we need to level up to stature of a club that spends £40-60m on a marquee player. In the next 5 or so years though the sky will be the limit. We didn’t just find the £50m for Bruno down the back of the sofa did we? The chance was there to sign an immense player for what still is a reasonable fee given his talent and potential l - so we did. I think it’ll be the same for any other player Howe and the DoF deem “necessary”. 

Nowhere near 50m For Bruno 

closer to 39m

It was 30 rising to 40 for Bruno, the same with Botman.

I suspect 40 is our ceiling for players for the time being and you can see why with some of the fees knocking around for worse players.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

It was 30 rising to 40 for Bruno, the same with Botman.

I suspect 40 is our ceiling for players for the time being and you can see why with some of the fees knocking around for worse players.

“Newcastle have signed Lyon midfielder Bruno Guimaraes for a fee of €50.1 million, €8 million of which is add-ons.”

from: https://theathletic.com/news/newcastle-confirm-signing-of-lyon-midfielder-bruno-guimaraes/d6QWPQitYR1G/?amp=1

written by Waugh and Ornstein, who are pretty reliable, I think? €42m = £35.5m

Just now, Manxst said:

“Newcastle have signed Lyon midfielder Bruno Guimaraes for a fee of €50.1 million, €8 million of which is add-ons.”

from: https://theathletic.com/news/newcastle-confirm-signing-of-lyon-midfielder-bruno-guimaraes/d6QWPQitYR1G/?amp=1

written by Waugh and Ornstein, who are pretty reliable, I think? €42m = £35.5m

Pretty much in the bracket i mentioned, between 30 and 40m.

In this day and age I think every single penny should be fully disclosed and accounted for for every transfer. What have they got to hide? FFP is definitely a thing so why shouldn't it be published rather than the canny shady "undisclosed fee". Why hide it? Who got what? 

13 minutes ago, midds said:

In this day and age I think every single penny should be fully disclosed and accounted for for every transfer. What have they got to hide? FFP is definitely a thing so why shouldn't it be published rather than the canny shady "undisclosed fee". Why hide it? Who got what? 

Because every deal is riddled with dodgy payments and useful for even dodgier accounting.

I wouldn't want to sign Gordon as Everton have sold a lot of their youth academy for big money and most of the time they end up not having a decent career.  There are obvious exceptions. I actually think signing players who have already moved from another country and spent time in another is a good sign as they have shown they can adapt. 

Wish I had reason to believe Graeme Bailey has any kind of real credibility. Paqueta has been the name on everyone's lips because he really is the standout player in terms of quality that we have been linked with this window. 

4 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

Wish I had reason to believe Graeme Bailey has any kind of real credibility. Paqueta has been the name on everyone's lips because he really is the standout player in terms of quality that we have been linked with this window. 

It’s money for old rope. Mention Paqueta & Newcastle and it’s getting them clicks

3 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

It feels like that Bailey gets a bit of info and then gambles on the story. See Howe being off after negotiations with his backroom staff took longer than expected.

Chris Waugh mentioned the other day that there's still a lot of chat amongst agents that Paqueta could move to NUFC. He's probably taken that and made a massive leap (for clicks).