Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Guest HTT II

I’m happy with our business thus far, but our strongest area last season under Howe was in defence and our weakest in attack. We sign a ‘keeper we really didn’t badly need and two defenders, in attack just one. I’d be disappointed with our overall business if we don’t sign at least another attacking player before the end of the window…

I think we are a bit light as recent injuries have shown. 

Even if there are only loan deals viable at the moment. I got a feeling we will be active in the market the next couple of days well at least more so than we usually are :)

Agreed we are still very short of goals. 

Two loan players would do the job for now. Pulisic would have been perfect. 

But if we got a Haidara - we could get away with not having another RW - as then that fearsome midfield would supply so much ammunition and free up space for Isak on RW and Wilson in centre. 

Having said that I do still want Pedro however as he ticks a lot of boxes. Maybe do that loan and instead of 25+5, do 30M in a year. Incentivises it for them. 

Guest HTT II

I’d take Barkley right now on a short-term deal and a loan signing forward. We need cover in bath areas and a goal threat.

I feel like goals will come anyways. Our biggest problem is in central midfield as apart from Bruno and Joelinton our midfielders are all Championship level players (Willock is better than that but just doesnt seem to care right now). I can live with Wilson, Isak, ASM, Almiron and Fraser for now upfront. Both Miguel and Fraser have done well under Howe. Someone like Joao Pedro that seems to possess all the tools to play in the #10 role and could have a great understanding with the other two Brazilins as well as play across the front three seems like an excellent signing to make. That being said, anyone playing across midfieldnor in attack would help us.

Just now, HTT II said:

I’d take Barkley right now on a short-term deal and a loan signing forward. We need cover in bath areas and a goal threat.

I'd want to know where his head is at, and his body to be honest.

When was the last time he's played a decent run of games? It would be a massive risk in my opinion. I think Howe could get the best out of him though.

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, Rocker said:

I'd want to know where his head is at, and his body to be honest.

When was the last time he's played a decent run of games? It would be a massive risk in my opinion. I think Howe could get the best out of him though.

It would aye, but I’d think under Howe his fitness levels would improve at least and on his day, he’s a fine player. These young players leave guaranteed and established game time for bigger teams and end up sitting on the bench, hardly playing and losing all form. I can see why they do it, but it’s been shown they basically fuck their careers up. When he first burst onto the scene he was an unbelievably exciting talent. Ideally I’d rather we didn’t sign him, but he ticks a few boxes for what we need right now or rather lack. Some creativity in there and midfield depth, especially if we are missing Shelvey and lately Bruno.

Edited by HTT II

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

There is no way they are getting 40 million for him with one year left on his contract 

A year is a long time, if a club is stupid enough to pay anything for him now instead of waiting then they are stupid enough to pay £40m. Chelsea would certainly do that.

Barkley is a major talent and if somehow someone could get him to play to his best, he'd be our best midfielder by far.

That's such a big if though. Something has gone seriously wrong with his career, but if anyone can, Eddie can. (new catchphrase, possibly)