Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, Shak said:

Disappointed in your attitude, tbh.

I'm going to make it my business to have sex with Ana De Armas in the coming weeks, perhaps then you'll see what can be achieved with a positive attitude.

Please can you document this? Maybe in a vlog or something.

I say strike while the iron is hot! Don’t need many players. But get 1-2 of real quality plus that WH RB and we are more than fine. We have a very very good chance now. Especiallywith other teams looking very up and down at best.

Got to be careful when adding at this stage, given how well we're doing. I'd be more inclined to want to add prospects over first team replacements. The needless addition of Tino in 96/97 or whenever it was still irks me when we could have done with a quality keeper at the time.

15 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Got to be careful when adding at this stage, given how well we're doing. I'd be more inclined to want to add prospects over first team replacements. The needless addition of Tino in 96/97 or whenever it was still irks me when we could have done with a quality keeper at the time.

I hope they invest big in youth. Give that academy the massive reboot it needs 

For anyone unable to access, on the transfer front...

Howe wants a young right back, a midfielder and a versatile forward.

Leicester's valuation of Maddison probably means a January deal is unworkable. 

They've looked at Ashby, Santos and Perrone.

They've discussed Marcus Thuram, who only has six months left on his contract.

We'll only sign a first team player if the right player becomes available at the right price.

So what we expected really. 

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

For anyone unable to access, on the transfer front...

Howe wants a young right back, a midfielder and a versatile forward.

Leicester's valuation of Maddison probably means a January deal is unworkable. 

We'll only sign a first team player if the right player becomes available at the right price.

So what we expected really. 

I think it’s also worth remembering, that the current ownership like to consistently play things down to the media. Anything can happen in January. 

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Think these may be the realistic areas to watch in Jan. A young player or two with an eye to the future. Then Thuram, who could come in and be a difference maker without breaking the bank given his contract situation. 

Only worthwhile doing that if we bring someone else in, otherwise we're leaving ourselves short, surely?

31 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

I think it’s also worth remembering, that the current ownership like to consistently play things down to the media. Anything can happen in January. 

This is a good point, worth remembering. I also think we're a lot more streetwise these days, not just identifying one player and making it obvious they're our one and only target. Conversations with agents will be vastly different to how they were two years ago.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

1 hour ago, WilliamPS said:

Unless there are personality issues I wouldn’t listen to any offers in January - the squad just isn’t deep enough.

As far as wide options go, he's behind Maxi, Isak, Almiron & Murphy. We've also seen Joelinton/Willock alternating on the left. There's enough depth there to justify letting him go.

What a weird signing he's been. Came with a bit of promise after a decent spell at Bournemouth but never really nailed a place down and often drifted through games where you forgot he was playing. He has put in a few decent shifts for us over the last year or so, but then who hasn't when given the chance?

Yeah Fraser has had it, like. Seems a good lad and he made a decent contribution for a spell last season, particularly given the weight Howe puts into his Bournemouth lads helping to set the tone. But it's very clear that he's run his race here. Hope he gets a good move; I wonder if one of Celtic or Rangers would go for him? 

It's good news for us too because it leaves a gap for that new winger. Marcus Thuram? Pulisic? Back in for Harrison? Someone equally adept on either side would be ideal tbh.

Shame in a way because from Jan to end of last season he was our best option out of him, Almiron and Murphy. That was the more counter attacking team where he had the legs for it, he clearly doesnt have them for this high press, high tempo attack from the front side. Which is a shame because the change in him early 2022 was great to see. Wont ever forget that "Play the same? Play better" comment in an interview after I cant remember which game. Maybe Leeds? Was really the moment I saw the new Newcastle mentality after all those years of "...meh".

14 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah Fraser has had it, like. Seems a good lad and he made a decent contribution for a spell last season, particularly given the weight Howe puts into his Bournemouth lads helping to set the tone. But it's very clear that he's run his race here. Hope he gets a good move; I wonder if one of Celtic or Rangers would go for him? 

It's good news for us too because it leaves a gap for that new winger. Marcus Thuram? Pulisic? Back in for Harrison? Someone equally adept on either side would be ideal tbh.

Harrison has become the Leeds boo boy this season. My mate still rates him but says the crowd just groan whenever the ball goes near him. He's horrendous at taking corners too.

I'm a big fan of Pulisic but I reckon as I'm a Dortmund fan I tend to overrate all of their former players (apart from Haaland of course :lol:). I still reckon Sancho will come good :doh:

Edited by Shearergol

Yeah reckon the idea will be to replace our poorer squad players with talented youngsters who won't necessarily represent a massive immediate upgrade but will have time to bed in as fringe players and push for starts next year and beyond.

Would hope we sign at least one player for the front three, even with everyone back fit and Joelinton showing he can play well on the left I think we're thin there. 

Aside from that, I'm very much all-in on the signing a bunch of teenagers 10 or 15 million camp.