Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I think this Jan definitely some more attacking depth maybe a winger and/or a Maddison type signing. Could also see a back up right back option come in if a target comes available.

Summer a new right sided CB, new attacking left back, new young striker as Wood will probably go and possibly new defensive midfielder. I guess any areas that aren’t addressed or filled in Jan. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

12 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Maybe Eddie can work his magic on CR7 and turn him into something special.

Unfortunately CR7 already thinks he's something special and is only seeking further re-inforcement of that opinion.

I saw Keane defending Ronaldo's conduct at Man U, and it all sounded weird. But there again, he had major public fall outs with McCarthy at Ireland and Fergie at Man U. He preaches team spirit but then lashes out when he himself feels hard done by.

8 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Unfortunately CR7 already thinks he's something special and is only seeking further re-inforcement of that opinion.

I saw Keane defending Ronaldo's conduct at Man U, and it all sounded weird. But there again, he had major public fall outs with McCarthy at Ireland and Fergie at Man U. He preaches team spirit but then lashes out when he himself feels hard done by.

Yeah it’s a total non-starter imo, the social hand grenade and narcisim aspects aside he wants champions league. it would certainly be one way to force Howe out if PIF started insisting on certain signings.

The boat doesn’t need to be rocked, let’s continue with the current plan please.

On 24/11/2022 at 07:21, McCormick said:

Despite the circus surrounding him and the fact that he’s obviously a narcissistic tosser, a small part of me thinks it’d still be pretty cool to see one of the greatest to ever do it wearing a Newcastle kit.

You not see Shearer for a decade? 

42 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

We're continuously linked with him and Perrone. Must be something in it surely. Eguinaldo (also Vasco) and Angelo Gabriel (Santos) are the other ones. 

Been a fair few- also Endrick, Jeffinho, Victor Hugo and one or two more I think. 

These links are getting me all hot and bothered.

Really interested to see what we do in January based on our league position. Are we going to get a first team player or two, or will it just be a bunch of prospects and put faith in the players that are doing the business right now? Hmmm

8 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Endrick is wanted by everybody, Xavi has even said they've spoken with his dad 

Yes- will be one of the ‘next big things’ if he continues on his path. Also been heavily linked to Chelsea too.

11 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The Angel Gabriel must be worth a go. 

Nah, will talk a good game, but will lead you to the middle of nowhere sleeping sharing a bed of hay with loads of farm animals crammed into a barn.

2 hours ago, Andybiotics said:

Are any of the kids mentioned ready for the 1st team or a place on the bench? Or likely to be loaned straight back out?

Scott Wilson doesn't expect him to be loaned straight away. From the original article in the Echo that NUFC360 is quoting:

Santos would not be loaned if he was to join at the start of next year, but there would be an expectation that he would take time to settle and would be unlikely to feature prominently in the first team in his first six months in England.

He’s definitely leaving Chelsea soon but I don’t think it’ll be to us. I think there’s a really good player in there and he would improve a ton under Howe but I also think there are probably better options for us