Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

9 hours ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Top Drawer Left Back, DM, Winger/Wide Forward and a Goal Machine.

Then a few younger players to learn and fill out the Squad.

If we get Europe, we're gonna need a squad...

Pope

Trippier

New LB

Botman

Schar

New DM/Bruno

Joelinton/Willock

Bruno/Longstaff

Isak/ASM

New CF/Isak/Wilson

New Winger/Gordon/Miggy

Saying that I'd go...

Tierney

Alvarez/Sergej Milinković-Savić

Maddison/Diaby

Vlahovic

200m should do it.... :)

All of the above would be amazing! 

It should be Diaby AND Maddison

Alvarez AND Savic

That one window would sort out squad depth, quality of first team etc in one fell swoop

Would then probably need another CB in Jan

Looking at the first team, the major limitations are:

We're somewhat limited down the left. The Joelinton-Willock partnership has arguably been our most fruitful combination, but but a more attacking left back would provide more balance to the first eleven and take creative pressure off Trippier. 

We lack strength and depth in midfield. We have four senior centre midfielders, who all bring different qualities and limitations to the table. I don't think it's up for debate that we need at least one player (two if we qualify for Europe) to compliment them. Another all-rounder would be ideal. I'd love Kone from Monchengladbach but there will be plenty of clubs looking at him. 

Miggy's purple patch bought us time in postponing the need for a winger, but he's too limited moving forward. Part of our problem in the final third is decision making and being able to provide that final moment of quality. Having an extremely one-footed winger doesn't help us in that respect. 

I also think we could target:

A young centre back who can rotate with and eventually replace Schar. Fab is having a sensational season, but he isn't getting any younger. We aren't in need of an immediate replacement, but an up and coming right footed centre back who is comfortable with the ball at his feet would allow us to manage his minutes.

Obviously some positions are higher priority than others and the club are aware a midfielder is essential. A lot of our activity will be dictated by European qualification. If we win the cup or finish top six, we'll qualify for one of the three European competitions and a higher number of additions will be needed to prevent burnout.

Fuck it, I need something to take my mind off the final

Goalkeepers: Pope/Dubravka/Karius

No changes needed for now, a young 'keeper coming in then going out on loan might be a good idea

Right back: Trippier/Ashby/Krafth/Manquillo

No changes needed for now, Ashby will likely be our Trippier understudy, Krafth is an able stand in, and Manquillo can play right or left back. Maybe sell Manquillo

Left back: Targett/Burn/Lewis/Manquillo

This probably needs looking at. Burn should really be the capable stand in here. Howe needs to decide what he sees Targett as and whether he needs to be used, replaced, or moved down the pecking order, but either way Lewis probably needs to go or massively step up, with a young attacking left back being the alternative

Right Centre back: Schar/Lascelles

We need a Schar understudy, with Lascelles either moving further down the pecking order or leaving with either a young replacement or a steady old-head coming in

Left Centre back: Botman/Burn/Dummett

Botman and Burn are fine, we should maybe move Dummett to an under 21 role and get a steady old-head to come in

Midfield: Bruno/Joelinton/Willock/Longstaff/Gordon/Anderson

We need a Shelvey replacement, either a like-for-like number 6, or a DM destroyer type, or both. Someone like Neves would be ideal. We also need a keymaster attacking midfielder, with James Maddison being the obvious candidate. In terms of outgoings, Anderson now needs to go out on loan and probably should have done in August. 

Right Wing: ASM/Gordon/Willock/Joelinton

With us just getting Gordon, I think this can be deprioritised for now, but Howe might look to cash in on ASM and bring in more of a system player. 

Left Wing: Almiron/Murphy

Ideally we need someone who nudges those players down one step in the pecking order. Almiron has been great and has more than proven his potential worth as a rotation/back up for next season. Diaby is the obvious candidate based on previous transfer rumours

Strikers: Isak/Wilson

With Chris Wood gone, we have no plan B up front. A better player in that mould would be ideal - someone who's either the next Toney or Abraham or a more reliable Calvert Lewin. Imo we also need a goal machine to replace Wilson - I love Wilson but it's not just his fitness that can't be relied on anymore, he's now looking like he has patchy form. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Fuck it, I need something to take my mind off the final

Goalkeepers: Pope/Dubravka/Karius

No changes needed for now, a young 'keeper coming in then going out on loan might be a good idea

Right back: Trippier/Ashby/Krafth/Manquillo

No changes needed for now, Ashby will likely be our Trippier understudy, Krafth is an able stand in, and Manquillo can play right or left back. Maybe sell Manquillo

Left back: Targett/Burn/Lewis/Manquillo

This probably needs looking at. Burn should really be the capable stand in here. Howe needs to decide what he sees Targett as and whether he needs to be used, replaced, or moved down the pecking order, but either way Lewis probably needs to go or massively step up, with a young attacking left back being the alternative

Right Centre back: Schar/Lascelles

We need a Schar understudy, with Lascelles either moving further down the pecking order or leaving with either a young replacement or a steady old-head coming in

Left Centre back: Botman/Burn/Dummett

Botman and Burn are fine, we should maybe move Dummett to an under 21 role and get a steady old-head to come in

Midfield: Bruno/Joelinton/Willock/Longstaff/Gordon/Anderson

We need a Shelvey replacement, either a like-for-like number 6, or a DM destroyer type, or both. Someone like Neves would be ideal. We also need a keymaster attacking midfielder, with James Maddison being the obvious candidate. In terms of outgoings, Anderson now needs to go out on loan and probably should have done in August. 

Right Wing: ASM/Gordon/Willock/Joelinton

With us just getting Gordon, I think this can be deprioritised for now, but Howe might look to cash in on ASM and bring in more of a system player. 

Left Wing: Almiron/Murphy

Ideally we need someone who nudges those players down one step in the pecking order. Almiron has been great and has more than proven his potential worth as a rotation/back up for next season. Diaby is the obvious candidate based on previous transfer rumours

Strikers: Isak/Wilson

With Chris Wood gone, we have no plan B up front. A better player in that mould would be ideal - someone who's either the next Toney or Abraham or a more reliable Calvert Lewin. Imo we also need a goal machine to replace Wilson - I love Wilson but it's not just his fitness that can't be relied on anymore, he's now looking like he has patchy form. 

Right ->

Left <-

I think.

Would love Joao pedro still, although he isn’t exactly in the mould of Wilson as he has a lot more to his game overall, he could be a striker option for us. My main concern is that he’s a little too similar to Isak but physically he’s more of a target than Isak

4 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

See Leverkusen have said Thuram will definitely leave in the summer. 

Nice of them to break the news on behalf of his parent club

i tbink he’s Inter bound fwiw

Edited by Mikky

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Tierney linked over the weekend. No idea what his injury record is like last year or two or if he's just out of favour as first-choice, but quality player.

Made of glass sadly.

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Would love Joao pedro still, although he isn’t exactly in the mould of Wilson as he has a lot more to his game overall, he could be a striker option for us. My main concern is that he’s a little too similar to Isak but physically he’s more of a target than Isak

I’m holding onto Wilson for 1 more season so J Pedro comes in on the basis he plays LW/CF/RW

we then buy a 9 for 24/25

9 minutes ago, gbandit said:

He signed a 6 year deal with Watford in the summer and we didn't want to pay what Watford wanted before he signed that.

From what I recall Joao Pedro was to be kept this season to get Watford back up first attempt and if that doesn’t happen he’s available at a similar price to previous. Possibly a release clause. He got a pay rise for a year in the championship.

7 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He still had 4 years left before he signed that 6 year one in the summer.

Make of it what you will, but hes their captain tonight. That and the 6y contract dosent sound like hes leaving anytime soon :(

17 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He would be perfect at left back in the system we play.  He is comfortable as a left centre back but offers much more going forward that Dan Burn

Edited by simonsays

11 minutes ago, simonsays said:

He would be perfect at left back in the system we play.  He is comfortable as a left centre back but offers much more going forward that Dan Burn

Doesn't he have a terrible injury record?

For my part stability of the defense is more important so injury prone defenders are not my favorite