Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

On 12/05/2023 at 18:00, Keegans Export said:

Doesn't seem that long ago we were saying similar things about Southampton. Or Leicester. 

I remember multiple articles writing about how well Swansea were set up with their "culture" able to see them through changes in playing staff, managers etc.

Brighton have done fantastically and deserve to be where they are, but it's not easy to maintain a constant top four/six push and plenty of clubs have failed trying it.

Southampton had a Swiss owner - he took them from administration in league 1 all the way to the Premierleague.  He died soon after but his daughter took over the running of the business and got them to 4 consecutive top half finishes in the PL after back to back promotions.

She sold a controlling share to some Chinese consortium and they’ve been battling relegation ever since.  She sold off her last 20% this season and now they are relegated.  

Leicester. Similar story.  League 1.  Thai owner.  Premier league champs. Owner dies tragically. Family business is in disarray. 

The important thing here is that the nascent follows an owner leaving. 

I think the move for Maddison makes real sense for both parties, I can really see him playing at St James and working with Bruno to open up teams. We’ll need that extra creativity in big games, europe and against that defensive set ups at home and really only Bruno runs games at the moment. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

45 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Maddison UEL signing

Szoboszlai CL signing

Maddison has more goal contributions in a more challenging league, in a worse team than Szoboszlai.

Szoboszlai might be a better player; I've never seen him play. But not sure how you've come to this conclusion.

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Maddison has more goal contributions in a more challenging league, in a worse team than Szoboszlai.

Szoboszlai might be a better player; I've never seen him play. But not sure how you've come to this conclusion.

Conjo just hates Maddison, man. I’ve been baited into this exact kind of convo before with him :lol:

Rumours up in Glasgow you guys have been to Watch Hatate at Celtic on a number of occasions.

Likely that we won't be hold onto him in the summer, would develop well and settle in fairly quickly I would think.

10 minutes ago, scotia1997 said:

Rumours up in Glasgow you guys have been to Watch Hatate at Celtic on a number of occasions.

Likely that we won't be hold onto him in the summer, would develop well and settle in fairly quickly I would think.

He any good? What are his characteristics?

3 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

He any good? What are his characteristics?

His forward play is absolutely immense, not scared to get on the ball. His passing is unreal, pin point every time. Contributes a lot in play leading to goals, can be used as a CDM/CM/CAM. Only down side to him is him lasting by 60/70 mins, he was doing well before getting injured during the season there but he seems to have struggled since coming back. A good pre-season under his belt and I reckon he'll be flying.

32 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

More suited to our style of play physically (taller, stronger, faster).

More used to our style of play.

Looks to have better technique, is younger with higher ceiling.

I'd say it's easier to stand out in a poor team than in a good team stats wise, especially when the whole team is tailored to get the most out of someone like Maddison.

Besides, 8 goals and 13 assists compared to 10 goals and 9 assists isn't a huge difference. I bet Szoboszlai has prevented more goals being conceded compared to lazy James Maddison.

Edited by Conjo