Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Think he will. He was great last season.

Just been off form due to the injury layoffs.

Don't think Burn at left back is going to be a thing after this season and so Targett will be solid depth.

I’d definitely keep him, I just have my doubts of him wanting to be back up.

As for Tierney, if he could stay fit he would be an excellent signing. He can also play in a back 3 which would help us.

1 minute ago, STM said:

It's important to remember that when playing, Tierney is probably top 3 right backs in the league. He's absolutely class at both ends.

Of course his injury record is a concern but surely out medical department will do a risk assessment.

Assume you mean left back?

1 minute ago, STM said:

It's important to remember that when playing, Tierney is probably top 3 right backs in the league. He's absolutely class at both ends.

Of course his injury record is a concern but surely out medical department will do a risk assessment.

Left back, but yeah. He is absolute quality. 

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Never seen this guy play but from what I've read since we've been linked he's amazing going forward. 

Would have no arguments from me.

Can't believe he is a left back based on the positions he gets himself into on the clips I've seen :lol: Looks truly two footed, strong, nippy dribbling but not very quick.

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

Targett can't even get in ahead of Dan Burn, think he'll be off

Well Burn for all his imperfections made the position his own and was part of us being the best defence in the league, and so he was never going to be rushed out of the first 11.

On top of that Targett never really seemed to get back to full fitness, as he had setbacks after he first came back. Needs a good pre season to get back on track.

16 minutes ago, STM said:

If we sign Tierney, Targett will want out. He might need convinced to stay.

We should get our money back so not a massive issue anyway.

1 hour ago, STM said:

If we sign Tierney, Targett will want out. He might need convinced to stay.

Between the Prem, Europe, and the two domestic cups there'll be plenty of games to go round, especially as you wouldn't want to be running Tierney into the ground playing him all the time.

Tierney is quality but the injury record suggests we should stay clear 

Especially as LB is a position you don't really want to rotate too much (for Europe and Cups fair enough) and Howe has spoken about liking a settled defence, an injury prone player makes that difficult 

4 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Especially as LB is a position you don't really want to rotate too much (for Europe and Cups fair enough) and Howe has spoken about liking a settled defence, an injury prone player makes that difficult 

If he wants him I’m good. 

5 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

The amount of analysis that goes into our signings they're not going to sign him if there’s a genuine risk he’s going to spend most of the time on the physio plinth. I’m not sure why people get so worried about this. Let the club do their research, investigations, whatever is needed. If we sign him then they clearly have done their background checks and aren’t concerned. I work as a physio so you’d think I’d be mahoosively worried about injury records but it just doesn’t concern me at all. Leave it to the medical team. Same goes for any player really we sign really.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Not being a doctor, I'm not sure how stuff works, if the injuries aren't in the same place, is it just bad luck Does a player become more susceptible to injuries?

I'm assuming we pay the medical department to work this stuff out. They are more qualified than us. 

Saying that PL club's medical teams and experts are more qualified than us regarding the fitness subject there's no denying. However, it doesn't change the fact that clubs STILL do make gambles and mistakes here and there. I imagine it's it's tempting to take the risk price/quality wise if  a player has had a poor injury record and hope that gold is struck. Not sure how many times it's been done through the years where you think "oh they are signing him despite the injury problems" only to see the same player be injured very frequently after that.

I know fuck all about this kind of stuff. I've never played football at elite level but i've had all sorts of injuries, and different ones. I'd say it's not just "bad luck". My gut feeling is to stay away from these type of players even if they are class when fit and in form. Don't like tha gamble as its too much of a risk. I lite the saying "buy it nice or buy it twice" when it comes to most things.  This doesn't mean that we have to waste money or only buy expensive players.

Edited by Ikon

26 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

Tierney will be this Summer’s Nick Pope if he signs. Big fan of his.

Nobody is saying he isn’t a good player, the concern is his injury record along with our slim margin for error.