Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

5 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I really hope we do get Arda Guler. Him and a key wide player would be class. Maybe even let him stay on loan at FB. 

According to Turkish press it is done and set to be announced at the end of our season. However £21m seems higher than the fee that was reported earlier, I thought he had a clause for £5m if he didn't make a set number of appearances this season.

20 minutes ago, robbo_11 said:

However £21m seems higher than the fee that was reported earlier, I thought he had a clause for £5m if he didn't make a set number of appearances this season.

Has to play less than 1500 minutes for the season, for a fee of around £4.4m to be triggered. Don’t know how many minutes he’s accumulated now but it was looking unlikely (though not impossible) a few weeks ago. 

Us getting Champions League should completely negate the arguement that we need to sell players to help us with FFP. The 50-60m from CL and increased commercial revenue allows us to spend an extra 250-300m this summer and still not be in breach with FFP the first year. Not that we should go bananas like that, but my point is that FFP is not going to hold us back for now.

Edited by Displayname

2 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Us getting Champions League should completely negate the arguement that we need to sell players to help us with FFP. The 50-60m from CL and increased commercial revenue allows us to spend an extra 250-300m this summer and still not be in breach with FFP the first year. Not that we should go bananas like that.

All clubs need to sell players to assist with FFP- it potentially brings in a large amount of revenue that can assist the club in moving forward past this first year. Yes, we probably don’t NEED to sell anyone each year, but it would help us buy better players in the future if we did, as it adds massively to the FFP figures. The issue we have is that normally top clubs buy young players for comparatively small amounts (or develop the individuals themselves for nothing) and then sell them for larger sums a few years down the line. We simply don’t have that as our planning to that effect had been neglected for so long, and only mainly have older players who won’t be worth much.

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

All clubs need to sell players to assist with FFP- it potentially brings in a large amount of revenue that can assist the club in moving forward past this first year. Yes, we probably don’t NEED to sell anyone each year, but it would help us buy better players in the future if we did, as it adds massively to the FFP figures. The issue we have is that normally top clubs buy young players for comparatively small amounts (or develop the individuals themselves for nothing) and then sell them for larger sums a few years down the line. We simply don’t have that as our planning to that effect had been neglected for so long, and only mainly have older players who won’t be worth much.

Im just saying we dont need to sell this year. Going forward we ofcourse need some additional income if were going to keep up the same incoming activity. 

But right now we only have Bruno, Isak, Botman and Gordon who depreciate substantially in FFP value, so we shouldn't have any problems with FFP right now with the extra CL revenue.

3 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

No way we should be selling ASM. Going to be loads of games next season. We need a strong squad.

Selling high potential players who will go for a discount because of their current out of form/injurie record doesnt sound like a good idea to me either.

If we can get something close to what i believe is his true value i might be willing to let him go. I do understand that he may not be the most optimal player for Eddie Howe, but i think ASM has shown that he is willing to adapt the best he can. He also seems to enjoy it here and makes an effort to maintain a good relationship with the fans. 

Would be a little cruel to let him go now that he has the chance to prove himself in the Champions League after being our most important player for so many years when we were shit.

3 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Selling high potential players who will go for a discount because of their current out of form/injurie record doesnt sound like a good idea to me either.

If we can get something close to what i believe is his true value i might be willing to let him go. I do understand that he may not be the most optimal player for Eddie Howe, but i think ASM has shown that he is willing to adapt the best he can. He also seems to enjoy it here and makes an effort to maintain a good relationship with the fans. 

Would be a little cruel to let him go now that he has the chance to prove himself in the Champions League after being our most important player for so many years when we were shit.

He is a good option to have. Makes no sense to sell him.

Speaking of Arda Guler. From the little I have seen he has the potential to become a Bernardo Silva but with more pace. Also a #10. Just has that ridiculous technical ability and IQ and vision/awareness. 

Edited by Ikon

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Speaking of Arda Guler. From the little I have seen he has the potential to become a Bernardo Silva but with more pace. Also a #10. Just has that ridiculous technical ability and IQ and vision/awareness. 

Bring him home! 

1 hour ago, robbo_11 said:

According to Turkish press it is done and set to be announced at the end of our season. However £21m seems higher than the fee that was reported earlier, I thought he had a clause for £5m if he didn't make a set number of appearances this season.

Anyone reputable claim this as well? Turkish sports media are the worst when it comes to reliable transfer news. Would be a really clever bit of business; seems extremely highly rated.

18 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Exactly the type of player we need by sounds of it in mould of David Silva, Beardsley etc. Not many of these types about these days would be exciting.

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

Has to play less than 1500 minutes for the season, for a fee of around £4.4m to be triggered. Don’t know how many minutes he’s accumulated now but it was looking unlikely (though not impossible) a few weeks ago. 

If that is indeed the case, he would need to get 290 minutes out of possible 360 minutes in the last 4 games (if they win the cup semifinals, otherwise they play only 3 games and its impossible for him to reach it). Would be very smart of him to pick up an "injury" before the last game if it will still be possible to reach the minute threshold.

1 minute ago, kocunar said:

If that is indeed the case, he would need to get 290 minutes out of possible 360 minutes in the last 4 games (if they win the cup semifinals, otherwise they play only 3 games and its impossible for him to reach it). Would be very smart of him to pick up an "injury" before the last game if it will still be possible to reach the minute threshold.

They might fly out the ref from the Liverpool game yesterday. That should generate the extra minutes.

4 minutes ago, madras said:

They might fly out the ref from the Liverpool game yesterday. That should generate the extra minutes.

Even with injury time, it still counts as 90 for these purposes. (I know it's a joke) 

Edited by kocunar

1 hour ago, Displayname said:

Im just saying we dont need to sell this year. Going forward we ofcourse need some additional income if were going to keep up the same incoming activity. 

But right now we only have Bruno, Isak, Botman and Gordon who depreciate substantially in FFP value, so we shouldn't have any problems with FFP right now with the extra CL revenue.

We'd need to sell for squad space alone wouldn't we? If we're looking at getting 4-5 players in the we'll need the same out. Lewis, Ritchie and one or two more will likely go but I think we'll get one big fee since we haven't for 4 years really when Ayoze was sold. I think it'll be ASM but only because he'll be upgraded anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We'd need to sell for squad space alone wouldn't we? If we're looking at getting 4-5 players in the we'll need the same out. Lewis, Ritchie and one or two more will likely go but I think we'll get one big fee since we haven't for 4 years really when Ayoze was sold. I think it'll be ASM but only because he'll be upgraded anyway. 

We definitely need to get rid of someone. We only have 17 players who have played more than 10 games this season though, so it doesnt have to be one of the regulars. 

He’d be an incredible signing. Still confused as to whether we should go for Maddison or this lad. I reckon Ashworth will push for Szobozlai  (due to his age) while Howe will want proven PL quality in Maddison.

Either way we can’t lose.

11 minutes ago, McCormick said:

He’d be an incredible signing. Still confused as to whether we should go for Maddison or this lad. I reckon Ashworth will push for Szobozlai  (due to his age) while Howe will want proven PL quality in Maddison.

Either way we can’t lose.

Szabozlai can play the 8 role better - I didn’t quite realise how big he is - he’s massive - just a brilliant technical footballer 

Get a good 6 in and we are laughing 

2 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Szabozlai can play the 8 role better - I didn’t quite realise how big he is - he’s massive - just a brilliant technical footballer 

Get a good 6 in and we are laughing 

Massive player? Right up Howes street