Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, Pixelphish said:

Not enough negativity.

It’d be in the third paragraph.

However if Newcastle are to complete such a deal it’s thought they would have to ‘put down’ a number of existing first team players due to Financial Fair Play concerns. Club sources have indicated that Fabian Schar, Matt Targett, Joelinton and Allan Saint-Maximin are expected to be taken around the back of the training ground and shot by club staff within the next 48 hours.

3 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Write an exclusive transfer story for Newcastle United in the style of The Telegraph's Luke Edwards

Exclusive: Newcastle United Eye Sensational Transfer Swoop for French World Cup Winner

In a stunning turn of events, Newcastle United is preparing to make waves in the transfer market with an audacious bid for French World Cup-winning midfielder, Antoine Griezmann. The Magpies' ambitious new owners, backed by their significant financial clout, are determined to propel the club to the pinnacle of English football, and the acquisition of a player of Griezmann's caliber would undoubtedly send shockwaves through the Premier League.

Sources close to the deal have revealed that Newcastle's wealthy owners have been in advanced talks with Griezmann's representatives, exploring the possibility of bringing the talented playmaker to St. James' Park. The move would see Newcastle smash their transfer record, further underlining their lofty ambitions since the Saudi-led consortium took over the club...

Bearing in mind we are only a couple of days into the transfer fun and games, everytime I read something it comes across as a case of desperation on our behalf anyone think the same with these continuous links tha arise.

6 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Sadly they can’t. They must capture attention with every none update or else why would we return and continue to pay our subs?

Exactly. Do people not know how a news cycle works? 🙂

5 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Write an exclusive transfer story for Newcastle United in the style of The Telegraph's Luke Edwards

Exclusive: Newcastle United Eye Sensational Transfer Swoop for French World Cup Winner

In a stunning turn of events, Newcastle United is preparing to make waves in the transfer market with an audacious bid for French World Cup-winning midfielder, Antoine Griezmann. The Magpies' ambitious new owners, backed by their significant financial clout, are determined to propel the club to the pinnacle of English football, and the acquisition of a player of Griezmann's caliber would undoubtedly send shockwaves through the Premier League.

Sources close to the deal have revealed that Newcastle's wealthy owners have been in advanced talks with Griezmann's representatives, exploring the possibility of bringing the talented playmaker to St. James' Park. The move would see Newcastle smash their transfer record, further underlining their lofty ambitions since the Saudi-led consortium took over the club...

TO BE CLEAR THIS WAS GENERATED BY CHAT GPT. WE HAVE NOT BEEN LINKED TO GRIEZMANN.

If Barella and Maddison were our only two transfer this window would you consider it a success? 

We'd obviously look a bit short of quality in defence, but the quality of upgrade is so high I think you'd have to.

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If Barella and Maddison were our only two transfer this window would you consider it a success? 

We'd obviously look a bit short of quality in defence, but the quality of upgrade is so high I think you'd have to.

I think it would just be so needlessly stupid to not bring in a LB though, I'd struggle to not be annoyed :lol:

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I’d be delighted with that.

But the depth in central defence would worry me a little. Although Dan Burn could play there if needed. Meh, we’d be fine. 

58 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

No, I'm just surprised that reports say Howe's two priorities are midfielders when a left-back is mandatory. 

At the absolute least, we need a LB, CM and RW.

25 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

No, I'm just surprised that reports say Howe's two priorities are midfielders when a left-back is mandatory. 

At the absolute least, we need a LB, CM and RW.

They'd cover two of the three positions you list. Though agreed a left back should and will be high up thr list of priorities.

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Fact is LB isn’t as critical a position as CM. Otherwise Dan Burn wouldn’t have been able to play in a CL team. 

Just leave it altogether then ? I'd say its just as critical if you get the right player. Look at RB in our set up.

It depends on Howe how feels about Targett, for me.

Burn did a commendable job at LB given his skillset but I wouldn't say he was good by any means. The fact that Targett didn't manage to take the job back doesn't fill me with confidence about him going forward.

If it was just a fitness thing or aversion to changing something that was working and Howe likes Targett... I'd be OK with no big name LB signing.

A young player that can backup Targett (with Burn being the emergency LB option) would be the minimum though, can't go into next season with Burn and Targett the only left footed defenders in the squad.

Don't think Howe is ever playing Targett over Burn again unless Burn is needed in the middle.

Left back absolutely a priority position for me. I know people worry about his fitness record but I think Tierney would be absolutely superb in our system. Bit of a shame it appears to have gone slightly quiet on that one.

WTF is the fascination with hating on Dan Burn?

I'm not saying he will be in the UCL team if the season but he is hardly the liability you all make him to be.

He was key part of the best defense in the league. When we started giving up goals towards the end it was almost never on his side or his fault. 

Out of all the positions we can improve or add quality, it's not even top 3. Or maybe 3rd. I would rather add depth in a lot of other spots than spend capital at LB

Just now, NobbySolano said:

WTF is the fascination with hating on Dan Burn?

I'm not saying he will be in the UCL team if the season but he is hardly the liability you all make him to be.

He was key part of the best defense in the league. When we started giving up goals towards the end it was almost never on his side or his fault. 

Out of all the positions we can improve or add quality, it's not even top 3. Or maybe 3rd. I would rather add depth in a lot of other spots than spend capital at LB

He isn't a left back and one of the most obvious positions in the first team to upgrade.

The guy played a full season at left back, for the best defense in the league, for the best manager in the league last year, and you will say to his face and his coaches that he is not a left back?

Would i love a world class left back to compete and take his spot? Sure. At the cost of having no cover for Bruno, relying on ASM to stay healthy, or Almirón to have a better season than last?

Go ahead and upgrade that spot, but not after you have improved depth in other much more needed and important areas.

"Say to his face" :lol:

I mean, he's a CB.

Clear as day.

Can do a job at LB and his ability to cover there as well as being Botman's backup is going to be a great asset for years to come.

Hopefully we only see him there in emergencies going forward.