Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

No idea about FotoMac but they are saying that we've put in a bid of around 20m euros for Arda Guler. They say that PSG have made a bid too. I imagine there are quite a few more bids tbh.

One thing about the Minteh deal that i loved to hear was his agent saying how much work and research we had put in to find out as much as possible about him, both on and off the pitch.

That we showed them our vision for now and going forward. Proper professional like, absolutely love it. Personally i'd be ok with signing AG. 

7 minutes ago, Ikon said:

No idea about FotoMac but they are saying that we've put in a bid of around 20m euros for Arda Guler. They say that PSG have made a bid too. I imagine there are quite a few more bids tbh.

One thing about the Minteh deal that i loved to hear was his agent saying how much work and research we had put in to find out as much as possible about him, both on and off the pitch.

That we showed them our vision for now and going forward. Proper professional like, absolutely love it. Personally i'd be ok with signing AG. 

Turkish sources have linked him with dortmund Leipzig Ajax and a few others. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Turkish sources have linked him with dortmund Leipzig Ajax and a few others. 

Aye, been linked with sooo many clubs. Understandable really.

7 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I think Guler has some major Modric vibes about him. Thankfully we’ve got actual football people running the club rather than a bootcut billionaire bellend so fancy if we really want him we’ve done the necessary spade work and research to get him on board.

Dortmund or Ajax would be a smart move for Guler. Don't see him coming here, even though we've progressed massively in the last year or so I think these real top top level youngsters won't see us as their preferred club just yet.

22 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Nothing really new in this 

| Eddie Howe wants to add around two elite players who will immediately improve the starting XI before filling out the rest of Newcastle’s needs with depth pieces. #NUFC [

@jwhitey98

via

@TheAthleticFC

https://twitter.com/TheGallowgateR/status/1669612647891841025?s=20

Not sure how happy I’d be knowing I was a depth piece 😀

4 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Not sure how happy I’d be knowing I was a depth piece 😀

Depends. I can see a younger player, for example that Nmecha lad, being ok knowing he is coming in with the idea that he will have to fight for a place rather than be an automatic starter. 

https://theathletic.com/4609053/2023/06/16/transfer-news-declan-rice-harry-kane/

It’s over to Jacob Whitehead next, who is answering this question from Chris C: Are Newcastle targeting two or three elite players or going for more squad depth and not getting carried away with their quick progress?

Jacob Whitehead: Good question. The mood music has had more key changes than a Whitney Houston ballad, but as Newcastle’s budget has solidified, it is understood that coach Eddie Howe wants to add around two elite players who will immediately improve the starting XI before filling out the rest of Newcastle’s needs with depth pieces.

Those splashy additions are likely to be midfielders, or at least a wide forward/midfielder hybrid, with the cheaper options currently slated as a left-back, a right centre-back and a developmental-level forward.

To some extent, this approach has been dictated by financial fair play (FFP) — but recent windows have seen Newcastle take risks late in the process, powered by new owner PIF releasing funds and the magic of amortisation. The late signing of Alexander Isak last summer is just one example.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Mood music FFS. Have you spoken to a source who has told you something reliable about what's actually happening. If not, stop writing. 

Sadly they can’t. They must capture attention with every none update or else why would we return and continue to pay our subs?

23 minutes ago, Paully said:

https://theathletic.com/4609053/2023/06/16/transfer-news-declan-rice-harry-kane/

It’s over to Jacob Whitehead next, who is answering this question from Chris C: Are Newcastle targeting two or three elite players or going for more squad depth and not getting carried away with their quick progress?

Jacob Whitehead: Good question. The mood music has had more key changes than a Whitney Houston ballad, but as Newcastle’s budget has solidified, it is understood that coach Eddie Howe wants to add around two elite players who will immediately improve the starting XI before filling out the rest of Newcastle’s needs with depth pieces.

Those splashy additions are likely to be midfielders, or at least a wide forward/midfielder hybrid, with the cheaper options currently slated as a left-back, a right centre-back and a developmental-level forward.

To some extent, this approach has been dictated by financial fair play (FFP) — but recent windows have seen Newcastle take risks late in the process, powered by new owner PIF releasing funds and the magic of amortisation. The late signing of Alexander Isak last summer is just one example.

Chatgpt could write athletic articles and the content would be no different

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

That opening gambit screams chatGPT like, I actually think that's how that line happened. 

No sources within the club regarding transfer for any journalist me thinks. 

i mean the useless lot couldn’t even get our new sponsor :lol:

Edited by r0cafella