Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, Geogaddi said:

Spent about 200 million in two windows , not expecting anything else in this one .

Trippier - £12 million

Wood - £25 million 

Bruno - £39 million 

Burn - £13 million 

Targett - £15 million 

Pope - £10 million 

Botman - £32 million

Isak - £58 million 

£204 million on eight players. Six to seven of those will be first team regulars. Three or four of those are absolute game changers who we can build around for years to come.

It's a great effort but shows what a shocking state the squad was going into last January.

Edited by The Prophet

2 hours ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Our problem in midfield is the drop off from Joelinton and Bruno to Longstaff is probably the biggest drop off in the league.

That is the biggest exaggeration in the history of the Universe.

Just now, Kanji said:

With the injuries stacking up id happily take some squad additions 

Yeah for sure. Loans won't do any harm.

Take a flier on some talents that didn't quite click at their current clubs.

We've got such a great manager that gets the best out of players that it could work very well for us.

5 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Well i still think it's a priority as much as a CM. "You seem to want it all" :lol: Stop making shit up.  I've said winger and striker and CM  since ages back. Ideally in a perfect world we need more, but i understand it can't be done this quickly.

I also think the peple in charge still want a wide player.  ASM gets injured for a month or two then i sure as hell won't want to rely on Fraser's fitness. I'd be surprised if Wilson plays as many as 20 league games. 

We’ve literally just signed a guy that will play on the right in the first team when everyone is fit we suspect while another 3 competent right sided players are back up. Mate, I get it, I’d love another right sided player of quality but it doesn’t make sense to have 5 right sided players going for one position. Come on. I get the concerns about Wilson’s injury but if it’s that much of a concern we’d be better off just replacing him completely. 

i think the next window or next summer we’ll see the likes of Murphy or Fraser move on and another to come in. It’s a big ask in the next few days when we’ve already reportedly over spend the budget is all I’m saying 

Just now, gdm said:

We’ve literally just signed a guy that will play on the right in the first team when everyone is fit we suspect while another 3 competent right sided players are back up. Mate, I get it, I’d love another right sided player of quality but it doesn’t make sense to have 5 right sided players going for one position. Come on. I get the concerns about Wilson’s injury but if it’s that much of a concern we’d be better off just replacing him completely. 

i think the next window or next summer we’ll see the likes of Murphy or Fraser move on and another to come in. It’s a big ask in the next few days when we’ve already reportedly over spend the budget is all I’m saying 

You have kept mentioning budget all summer and that already has proven to be a load of shite.

17 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

To finish the window nicely, I would want Kone and Pedro. 

Two young players, under 21 so don't need to be registered. Highly rated, versatile too. 

Covers a lot of problem positions. Probably get both for the same price as one Lucas Paqueta. 

That would be a great deal. 

Read that as kane at first ?

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Keep seeing this. I don't think I've ever seen him play anywhere other than in the middle. Has he played on the right much before?

Just now, et tu brute said:

You have kept mentioning budget all summer and that already has proven to be a load of shite.

Howe has said things changed because of Wilson’s injury much like Bruno I suspect this money will have been enhanced from another window. I don’t doubt there was a budget and we’ve decided to over spend on it and obv I’m delighted we have. Point is I’ll be amazed if we spend much more. Again delighted if I’m wrong but if u want a wee pat on the head that you were right then sit boy 

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Keep seeing this. I don't think I've ever seen him play anywhere other than in the middle. Has he played on the right much before?

It is guess work of course based on howe saying he wants both Wilson & isak playing together 

It’s not guess work, it’s been said in many articles since he signed - presumably briefed by the club so they could write it. We as football fans need ti stop thinking in simple terms of positions and think more in systems. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

It’s not guess work, it’s been said in many articles since he signed - presumably briefed by the club so they could write it. We as football fans need ti stop thinking in simple terms of positions and think more in systems. 

Fair enough 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Howe has said things changed because of Wilson’s injury much like Bruno I suspect this money will have been enhanced from another window. I don’t doubt there was a budget and we’ve decided to over spend on it and obv I’m delighted we have. Point is I’ll be amazed if we spend much more. Again delighted if I’m wrong but if u want a wee pat on the head that you were right then sit boy 

Bollocks, he didn't say anything of the sort about Wilson's injury being the reason. If a player becomes available at the right price then the money will be made available.