Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

15 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Pope

Trippier Botman Schar/Burn Targett

Bruno Shelvey Joelinton

Isak Wilson ASM

Assuming that's our current first-choice XI, there are 6-7 out of the 11 there who didn't play for us eight months ago.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love another CM/RW but it's hard not to be impressed with our business in January and the summer. Plus, this time in January I was fairly sure not bringing in Lingard could be the difference between going down and staying up so clearly I know absolutely fuck all about anything.

Should probably bold Joelinton as well. Completely different player under Howe. 

16 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

This for me. We've spent £200m and significantly improved at GK, LB, RB, CB, CM and in attack in two windows. 6-7 new first-team regulars. It's going to take a bit of time. If we could add another 1-2 somehow in the next 8 hours then great but it's been a fantastic couple of windows.

We've also brought in a proper manager who is getting a tune out of previously mediocre at best players like Joelinton, Shelvey, Almiron and Fraser. They don't count as new signings, but they're definitely improvements over where we were this time last year.

Just now, Jack27 said:

Nothing new there as long as he isn't including timeframes. Yep, club like Tielemans, but that has been true all Summer. We know loan moves were discussed with Chelsea re those two a couple weeks ago, unless he says 'today' or 'currently' its just clever wording designed to get you to stick SSN on. 

Honestly think we're done. Ashby the most likely, but still reckon its a long shot. Only late drama could be that Alvarez lad at Ajax forcing through a move to Chelsea, which may free un Gallagher for a loan. But even then, if it's just a loan I imagine he will stay in London and end up at Palace again. 

17 minutes ago, Flip said:

Should probably bold Joelinton as well. Completely different player under Howe. 

Could also add Almiron tbh. Don't think he'll ever be entirely what we want on the RW, but he was pretty damn close yesterday. To the extent I wouldn't be THAT bothered seeing him line up for the next one.