Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Thinking of Andrey Santos and Angelo Gabriel. Because they are both of "academy age" does it count when it comes to FFP?

Read some people saying  that it doesn't count when it comes to FFP. Would be shrewd moves if so. Sounds too good though.

I watch a lot of South American football, and can see why we have an interest in Brazil. Seem to be producing some mega talent right now.

I would look at Argentina too. 

eg: Alan Varela from Boca would be a great DM. He will certainly move to a big European club

Boca is a mess of a club (although they won the league). They have so much talent not even getting a game, or out on loan

Imagine if we'd landed Santos, Gabriel, Endrick and they join Kuol in our academy- godfathered by Bruno, Joelinton and St Max - that'd be some flair academy and a superb young family of talent that could break into the first team in thee or four years.

3 hours ago, David Edgar said:

Not the best highlight reel.  Everything cuts short before an assist/goal/key pass.  Suggests he does a bit of dribbling - in a weak league - but not much in the final third.

Mainly because he hasn’t produced owt.  1 goal in 60-odd appearances.  Most of those dribbles are left-right or vice versa, or go nowhere.

YouTube can make anyone look decent. Nothing to get excited about from that clip to be frank - doesn’t mean he’d be a bad signing, of course. 

1 minute ago, Emotic said:

Imagine if we'd landed Santos, Gabriel, Endrick and they join Kuol in our academy- godfathered by Bruno, Joelinton and St Max - that'd be some flair academy and a superb young family of talent that could break into the first team in thee or four years.

We’re not getting Endrick like haha 

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

Thinking of Andrey Santos and Angelo Gabriel. Because they are both of "academy age" does it count when it comes to FFP?

Read some people saying  that it doesn't count when it comes to FFP. Would be shrewd moves if so. Sounds too good though.

No, it will count.  Youth development costs can be excluded - this is how the PL rules define these costs:

“A.1.252.
  “Youth Development Expenditure” means expenditure by a Club directly attributable to activities to train, educate and develop Academy Players net of any portion of Central Funds paid to Clubs solely for the purpose of such activities”

So if you spend £20m on a 16-year-old, you might be able to deduct training and education costs.  Not the transfer fee. 

18 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

We’re not getting Endrick like haha 

Surprisingly, there are a few players out there who are "too good for us". [emoji38] He's one of them. Magnificent player, such maturity and talent for a bairn.

34 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Surprisingly, there are a few players out there who are "too good for us". [emoji38] He's one of them. Magnificent player, such maturity and talent for a bairn.

Not sure a 16 year old lad can be classed as too good for us 

I must be one of few who is actually not really bothered about signing a designated defensive midfielder. I thought we probably needed one in the summer but I think if you can set up a team to play without one then that is far preferable. If you get the requisite energy, workrate and quality on the ball from a midfield 3 you don't need somebody who is exclusively there to enforce.

Adding more quality and depth to the midfield area - sure.

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I must be one of few who is actually not really bothered about signing a designated defensive midfielder. I thought we probably needed one in the summer but I think if you can set up a team to play without one then that is far preferable. If you get the requisite energy, workrate and quality on the ball from a midfield 3 you don't need somebody who is exclusively there to enforce.

This

7 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Agree entirely. Off the ball our strategy is to win possession as high up the pitch as possible in spaces where a traditional CDM doesn't operate; meanwhile relying on the physicality and stamina of our midfielders and wingers to get back and defend as a collective when it's in our half. The most recent examples of that 'destroyer' player we've had - Tiote, Diame, Hayden (to a far less effective extent) - would be completely redundant in Howe's current system. 

They just have to be really good on the ball and capable of reading the game really well. It's not their job to just sit in front of the back four purely defensively, but it's an important area of the pitch to occupy and provide a bit of security - either a passing option or someone to nip in and tidy up if the ball if loose.

Just now, Nobody said:

Joelinton is pretty much our DM, just that he does it from an ALM position. 

Aye, most of his defensive contribution comes from absolutely pacing it back twenty yards and sticking a foot out to flick the ball back to us. It's amazing how delicate his touch is when he nabs the ball away given how he juggernauts his way back

Just now, gbandit said:

Aye, most of his defensive contribution comes from absolutely pacing it back twenty yards and sticking a foot out to flick the ball back to us. It's amazing how delicate his touch is when he nabs the ball away given how he juggernauts his way back

I think we’ll bring in a new number 6 next summer