Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

I've stopped checking this thread much tbh, feels like we are at a bit of a deadlock. We aren't going to make signings for the sake of it, so might not see much happening until the final week, if at all.

Would be a massive massive failure unless we get 2 players in at least. I bet some would still talk it away if it happens. 

Edited by Ikon

The fact that Wilson has played 90 mins in the last 2 matches gives me confidence that the medical team have confidence in his level of risk.

Shearer had 2 huge injuries but came back to play 5 full seasons at the top. Inevitability is not a guarantee.

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

I've stopped checking this thread much tbh, feels like we are at a bit of a deadlock. We aren't going to make signings for the sake of it, so might not see much happening until the final week, if at all.

I've stopped checking so much because I don't think there'll be days of speculation first. I'm fairly sure we'll have a couple in by Sept though.

2 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Where are all the undiscovered Ashworth gems?

All links seem to be big guns

I think we want to immediately improve first team squad first and foremost which means players with some experience who aren't prospects too far down the line or possibly unsuitable for the league. I imagine once we are largely happy with the first team squad we will add depth to it with more Ashworth style signings who will develop and grow into first team positions rather than needing to work right now. 

27 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

With Wood in the team we amassed 32 points in 17 games. I

Then the pessimist in me would ask is it despite of or due to?

And I would say it is despite of him playing. Admittedly it would be the best thing if he could suddenly play a part time role when we shit bricks as Wilson is out, but I would feel much better if we signed an actual striker that could take over from Wilson at some point.

2 minutes ago, worthy said:

Then the pessimist in me would ask is it despite of or due to?

And I would say it is despite of him playing. Admittedly it would be the best thing if he could suddenly play a part time role when we shit bricks as Wilson is out, but I would feel much better if we signed an actual striker that could take over from Wilson at some point.

I think you're addressing the wrong question. For me the question is can we get along with Wood in the team? 

We can get along with Wood in the team

We can get along with Kratfh in the team

We can get along with Lascelles in the team. 

We can get along with Almiron, Murphy or Fraser in the team. 

We can get along with Longstaff in the team. 

If it's about getting along, then we might aswell shut for business, we're fine

2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I think you're addressing the wrong question. For me the question is can we get along with Wood in the team? 

I'll answer that, no!

We instantly become weaker, then other players try to make up ground for his inconsistency, but, those players then get the blame.

Wood is a player I'd use if I had absolutely no choice, it was a terrible signing for the price, but people will somehow argue and make a case because we stayed up Wood played a big part?[emoji38]

We stayed up because of Bruno and other signings, but let others believe what they want to.

It'll be so disappointing to not get a couple of attacking players, I think a top 6 place is up for grabs this season. I find it hard to believe we've walked away from the Maddison deal as well, if that was West Ham their owners would be accused of a fake bid.

2 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I'll answer that, no!

We instantly become weaker, then other players try to make up ground for his inconsistency, but, those players then get the blame.

Wood is a player I'd use if I had absolutely no choice, it was a terrible signing for the price, but people will somehow argue and make a case because we stayed up Wood played a big part?[emoji38]

We stayed up because of Bruno and other signings, but let others believe what they want to.

We stayed up because of a huge collective effort, inspired by the coaching team and owners. And fans. I'm not going to argue that with Wood in the team we will get 37 points every 17 games. But he's an adequate substitute when we could spend the money on a first choice CM who will improve the first team in every way.

Obviously if we have the money to get both I'd welcome that, but we're talking about priorities. 

i say we replace the guy who IS injured before we replace the guy who might get injured.

11 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

We can get along with Wood in the team

We can get along with Kratfh in the team

We can get along with Lascelles in the team. 

We can get along with Almiron, Murphy or Fraser in the team. 

We can get along with Longstaff in the team. 

If it's about getting along, then we might aswell shut for business, we're fine

We're talking about which purchase we should prioritise, hat part of that implies getting along?

35 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Where are all the undiscovered Ashworth gems?

All links seem to be big guns

At Brighton they have systems in place where they signed uncovered gems  and were able to farm them out on loan or send them to their feeder club in Belgium

He'll have a different task for this summer here

23 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

We stayed up because of a huge collective effort, inspired by the coaching team and owners. And fans. I'm not going to argue that with Wood in the team we will get 37 points every 17 games. But he's an adequate substitute when we could spend the money on a first choice CM who will improve the first team in every way.

Obviously if we have the money to get both I'd welcome that, but we're talking about priorities. 

i say we replace the guy who IS injured before we replace the guy who might get injured.

Like I said people believe what they want to. [emoji38]