Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

15 minutes ago, McCormick said:

He’s pretty much a Spanish Wilson, I like him. 35m seems a bit pricey though (if true, which I doubt).

Aye. 35M for a player we don't need unless Wilson gets injured sounds a bit pointless. Certainly wouldn't have helped us break down Forest any quicker.

4 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Aye. 35M for a player we don't need unless Wilson gets injured sounds a bit pointless. Certainly wouldn't have helped us break down Forest any quicker.

Watching his highlights it seems like he has played, or is very capable of playing, as a wide forward on either side. Although, the link is probably bollocks.

7 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Wilson is very very likely to be injured though, having a player similar to him to come in and rotate with him would be sensible surely ?

Just now, Jackie Broon said:

Watching his highlights it seems like he has played, or is very capable of playing, as a wide forward on either side. Although, the link is probably bollocks.

I was responding to the direct comparison to Wilson, but he did play the RWF role in Jones' system so I'm willing to see that as a possibility.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wilson is very very likely to be injured though, having a player similar to him to come in and rotate with him would be sensible surely ?

We need somebody who can add to what we have on a permanent basis. 

Looks equally at home both wide left or in the middle on that 7 minute highlights reel. Also seems good with both feet.

We need competition for places and especially backup for when Wilson gets injured.

I'm in, sign him up.

12 minutes ago, bigfella said:

Looks equally at home both wide left or in the middle on that 7 minute highlights reel. Also seems good with both feet.

We need competition for places and especially backup for when Wilson gets injured.

I'm in, sign him up.

We've got back-up for Wilson, I know Wood isn't anywhere near an adequate substitute, and we need a different approach when he plays, but he is cover. We are currently one midfield injury/suspension away from being forced into using Anderson, before intended. CM is our priority, for me, and is also a position that we can improve upon. I'd spend our money on that position and get a CF in on loan.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Botman to whoever's next is the summer's version of that Wood to Bruno period in January. I'm sure we'll have a couple of nights that are a massive flurry of activity in the next 3 weeks. 

I forget it's still 3 weeks to go. Not getting even the slightest bit tetchy until it's a week.

I hope.

17 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

We've got back-up for Wilson, I know Wood isn't anywhere near an adequate substitute, and we need a different approach when he plays, but he is cover. We are currently one midfield injury/suspension away from being forced into using Anderson, before intended. CM is our priority, for me, and is also a position that we can improve upon. I'd spend our money on that position and get a CF in on loan.

Wood is on 2 in 17 for us, and Wilson is 3 in 4 since he came back. To suggest we have back up is wrong imo. Wilson is more more likely to get injured than Willock, Joe or Bruno and the drop off from him to Wood is currently the biggest in our team between starter and sub 

20 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not a rumour for us a such, but one we must surely be aware of ? I know @McCormickis big fan and it’s seemingly within our price range 

I’m surprised we haven’t been more heavily linked. Fits the profile and just scored 2 goals in 60 minutes in his last game.

He’ll probably want a Champions League team (or someone like Arsenal). I’d be astounded if he entertained the idea of joining Forest or even Leeds.

I've stopped checking this thread much tbh, feels like we are at a bit of a deadlock. We aren't going to make signings for the sake of it, so might not see much happening until the final week, if at all.

5 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Wood is on 2 in 17 for us, and Wilson is 3 in 4 since he came back. To suggest we have back up is wrong imo. Wilson is more more likely to get injured than Willock, Joe or Bruno and the drop off from him to Wood is currently the biggest in our team between starter and sub 

With Wood in the team we amassed 32 points in 17 games. I