Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

It all depends on what the owners/Ashworth think and what they want the timeline to be - and what players like Bruno and Botman have been told to expect.

Howe is clearly committed to squad unity and team culture. He won't want to sign just anyone - even Bruno/Botman have had to work their way into the starting XI - and so if Ashworth et al think that we can achieve 7th/8th with the existing group, Howe's not going to push too hard for upgrades at this point. 

It seems to me they have a plan in place consisting of step by step growth and they don't seem too keen on skipping steps, even if those of us on the outside think it would be a good idea. I appreciate their patience though I admit it is frustrating at times to seemingly be missing out on realistic targets. 

It is no coincidence that we are getting fantastic performances from the likes of Burn, Shelvey (pre injury), Joelinton, Almiron, players who have been doubted or underwhelming. Even ASM seems to be more committed to putting the work in to go along with his incredible skill. Getting the overall squad performance to the levels we are seeing now has involved a culture of buy-in and commitment. The wrong buy might jeopardize that - and for what? Is 5th/6th realistic right now? Probably not unless everything falls into place. 

Meanwhile we found a Bruno, who is absolutely perfect for the profile and seems committed to the long-term growth of the club. He is the perfect example of the kind of player we need to target, but someone of his talent and cultural fit is exceptionally rare. I have to accept that we're going to be patient in the build but so far, I have little to complain about. 

It's a process. Hopefully we'll find one or two to add to the process before the window shuts. But even if not, the club trajectory is indicative of a wonderful future. 

36 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

We can get along with Wood in the team

We can get along with Kratfh in the team

We can get along with Lascelles in the team. 

We can get along with Almiron, Murphy or Fraser in the team. 

We can get along with Longstaff in the team. 

If it's about getting along, then we might aswell shut for business, we're fine

I'd be comfortable with any of them starting, based solely on our team performances, last season. 

Obviously I might shit my pants if all 7 started, but that doesn't mean we need replacements for every one of them. The only person that currently needs replacing is Shelvey.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Dieng one already rubbished by French press, supposedly 5th choice at Marseille and turned up for pre season massively out of shape

If Tudor doesn't rate him, why not sell?