Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

We get the obvious flag that there's a rabbit off cos of the Wood deal and our NE journos haven't got a fucking clue who we're getting in. They're absolutely shite the lot of them.

They're not shite, it's just clear as day that the only way they (or indeed any journalists) get info on transfers is from leaks. And when there's no leaks because the club is being run like a professional organisation for the first time in decades, they're left scratching their arses because unless there's a leak from the selling club that they can get hold of, they're left writing vacuous shit like "5 reasons Jacob Murphy has had a haircut".

Just now, Chris_R said:

They're not shite, it's just clear as day that the only way they (or indeed any journalists) get info on transfers is from leaks. And when there's no leaks because the club is being run like a professional organisation for the first time in decades, they're left scratching their arses because unless there's a leak from the selling club that they can get hold of, they're left writing vacuous shit like "5 reasons Jacob Murphy has had a haircut".

They deserve it after the way they led the Ashley-Kremlin for so many years.

There’s really no chance of someone like Lee Ryder getting information from a professionally run transfer department. 

Maybe he’ll get it late from someone who works as a driver or at the training ground or something, but he’ll never get it early. 

Aye, wouldn't be too harsh on them, just means things are far more locked down. Have been ever since Ashworth came in. Isak was the one that really blew my mind. Few rumours early in the Summer but nothing solid, then the next thing we know it's basically done with the player on his way over to sign. 

It'll be lush when we have a proper squad and almost 2 XI's. Got to think, we're 3rd top with Murphy and Wood making 19 and 18 appearances in the league this season respectively (granted mostly from the bench).

That's why Howe deserves all the credit in the world. Having Wilson to back up Isak or vice versa is a 'champagne problem' to coin an Eales phrase. Soon enough, we will have more or less 2 strong options for most positions. Be mint.

It's very rare that a player turns up in a plane without the press getting wind of it before hand.

IF that plane has anything to do with football, its more likely an agent coming in for talks. Remember we had Seskos agent on Tyneside, it doesn't always mean anything significant.

I'd wager that Ashworth and Nickson have multiple discussions everyday with agents and intermediaries.

51 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I mean it sounds good and I do love Callum, but there's not a chance on Earth that a soon-to-be 31-year-old Wilson with his hamstrings made of cheese and a body held together with sticky tape and chewing gum is going to keep our record signing striker on the left and the hottest striking prospect* in Europe on the right.

(*Subject to a steward's inquiry on his birth certificate)

I mean, it's just a framework until we sign Osimhen in the summer.

I wanted to go on loan in January, because I wasn't playing - again - and Newcastle was on the cards,' Lingard told the podcast. 'The deal was done and everything, but obviously the United squad wasn't big enough. 

'So, they let a couple of players go out on loan, but when it came to me, John Murtough rang and said "No, you're not going on loan."

'I was like, "Well, he's gone on loan - let me go and enjoy my football as I'm not playing here." He asked "What do you want, days off?" and I said "No, I just want to go and play football."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11652709/Jesse-Lingard-SLAMS-state-Man-United-accuses-briefing-against-press.html