Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

You just can’t say that pal.

Call people Kents all day. Slag people off. But bringing in the race card is a fucking disgrace. 

We are in 2023 for fuk sake. 

I think he is parodying.

6 minutes ago, Nepharite said:

He was absolutely anonymous against us in that first game against Forest and hasn't pulled up any trees before his injury. Eddie might have got the best out of him but we'll never know. I did think Manure treated him poorly.

He's just a deeply average footballer.

I remember being told we had a deal

agreed before we’d signed Trippier. Henderson also said he’d agreed terms but he (Henderson) apparently changed his mind in favour of a loan as he thought with a new manager at Man U he might get a chance.

I’m quite pleased we missed on Lingaard and absolutely delighted we ended up with Pope.

21 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I think TCD is implying one of the reasons people don't like Lingard is because he's mixed race. Not that it was his opinion

I didn't read it as he was being racist. Similar things have been mentioned in the ASM thread

He's calling people on here racist, as he has a number of times.

10 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I think TCD is implying one of the reasons people don't like Lingard is because he's mixed race. Not that it was his opinion

I didn't read it as he was being racist. Similar things have been mentioned in the ASM thread

Aye. what’s funny is people must think the other reasons I listed are valid.  

There’s something about confident black players that dance that seems to rub some people up the wrong way and decide something is defective in their character.  Pogba, Vini Jr., Lingard for example. It’s not just football, it’s something about the dancing NFL player that riles people up too apparently. 

14 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Or it could be because during his 9 years or so playing PL football, he's been mediocre at best in a good team with the exception of a 4 month period at West Ham which didn't justify spending so much money on someone who is entering the final few years of career.

A quick glance on a Forest forum indicates that people generally thinks he's had a positive influence in around the club (raising their profile, fan excitement, contributing to a good dressing room atmosphere), but performance wise not very good although it looked like he was  improving slowly right up until his injury.

Seems we got all the positive things he brought to them in Trippier, with the added bonus that he performs in matches as well.

This would be valid if people weren’t against a 6-month loan when Murphy and Fraser were due to get plenty of minutes.  All while being in a relegation fight.  

In the summer, we wouldn’t match his very high wages - extremely fair. On the next.  

People are entitled to not rate him as a player. People are entitled to dislike the lad personally. But as far as I know, he’s never done anything egregious to suggest he’s a bad egg like drink driving, committing assault or owt. And plenty are/were happy to have those characters in the dressing room. 

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

He's calling people on here racist, as he has a number of times.

I think there's definitely a societal issue where non-white players get lazily stereotyped based on little evidence.

Probably a discussion for another thread

We ignoring the fact bar a purple patch on loan at West Ham his entire career has been average at best? Even saying average seems generous. His stats are horrid. 

Also it’s been mentioned but this thread is gasping for a good embedded tweet from a decent source. We’re all clamming. 

43 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Maybe but the big six hardly ever do deals with each other either. Man City and Arsenal the only two I can think of with Jesus and Zinchenko but that's most likely down to Arteta and Guardiola being close.

Almost all of the big six's main signings come from abroad.

And that has seriously backfired on City—even though they have bought in, in my opinion,  better replacements. 

1 hour ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

You just can’t say that pal.

Call people Kents all day. Slag people off. But bringing in the race card is a fucking disgrace. 

We are in 2023 for fuk sake. 

You have the IQ of a stottie.

Edited by Mountain

44 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

He’s 30 years old, he acts half his age.

Juvenile behaviour is the accepted social norm these days, as long as you capture it on your mobile phone and upload it for the world to see. He's a symptom, not the cause. It is fucking embarrassing though

40 minutes ago, Ste said:

I would love Rice here, he would be completely transformative for us. 

Totally, would be a landmark signing.

It's true that you could probably get someone almost as good from abroad for cheaper, but I'd still like to see it.

5 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Juvenile behaviour is the accepted social norm these days, as long as you capture it on your mobile phone and upload it for the world to see. He's a symptom, not the cause. It is fucking embarrassing though

People have literally been saying this since Roman times.