Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

No there were plenty on here who didn't think he was the right sort of character we wanted/needed in the dressing room.

Based on what though? Sounds like he wanted to be part of the project here while many of our targets didn't

And yes there were plenty on here who said that Lingard turned us down

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Man United thought they’d pulled a genius move to relegate us, didn’t care that it was a shabby way to treat a long serving player.

This was it.

Lingard had been at the club for over 21 years, from the age of 7. And they blocked a transfer for him for 6 months to spoil a **potential** rival. Disgusting.

There's loads of examples of clubs of treating long-serving players with some respect. Petr Cech in the Roman days as one example.

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Based on what though? Sounds like he wanted to be part of the project here while many of our targets didn't

Dances too much. On social media too much. Smiles too much.  Not a good coloured.

*this is a parody post. I am not being racist. 

Edited by The College Dropout

10 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Man United thought they’d pulled a genius move to relegate us, didn’t care that it was a shabby way to treat a long serving player.

Maybe but why did Villa loan us Targett in that window? Surely they'd have wanted us down as well?

I wanted him on loan in January last year as we needed a wide attacking player and his form when he previously had regular game time when at West Ham was brilliant. Knew we'd be able to get a younger, better player once we'd stayed up. 

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Maybe but why did Villa loan us Targett in that window? Surely they'd have wanted us down as well?

I wanted him on loan in January last year as we needed a wide attacking player and his form when he previously had regular game time when at West Ham was brilliant. Knew we'd be able to get a younger, better player once we'd stayed up. 

None of the big six has sold or loaned us a player since the takeover. Possibly coincidence but they are part of a cabal and they have a significant financial interest in keeping us out of the picture. 

As far as any forward we might sign this window or next I think it’ll be someone who is interchangeable across the front positions or even in a support striker/#10 role in a 4-2-3-1. I think rather than signing an out and out striker Howe will go for a player that can be just as effective out wide or behind, keeps options open and allows flexibility on signing players that will be expecting games as they won’t be kept out of the starting 11 by Wilson or Isak being in form. Joao Pedro is a good example, Moukoko less so.. I understand the potential of these players is different.

Edited by Nine

4 minutes ago, Cronky said:

None of the big six has sold or loaned us a player since the takeover. Possibly coincidence but they are part of a cabal and they have a significant financial interest in keeping us out of the picture. 

Maybe but the big six hardly ever do deals with each other either. Man City and Arsenal the only two I can think of with Jesus and Zinchenko but that's most likely down to Arteta and Guardiola being close.

Almost all of the big six's main signings come from abroad.

I think TCD is implying one of the reasons people don't like Lingard is because he's mixed race. Not that it was his opinion

I didn't read it as he was being racist. Similar things have been mentioned in the ASM thread

9 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Because they’d sign Dinge couldn’t give him game time, they decided to let the player go somewhere he’d play. Backed themselves to have made better decisions than us (obviously they hadn’t but at the time the transfer happened the landscape looked different).

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Dances too much. On social media too much. Smiles too much.  Not a good coloured.

Or it could be because during his 9 years or so playing PL football, he's been mediocre at best in a good team with the exception of a 4 month period at West Ham which didn't justify spending so much money on someone who is entering the final few years of career.

A quick glance on a Forest forum indicates that people generally thinks he's had a positive influence in around the club (raising their profile, fan excitement, contributing to a good dressing room atmosphere), but performance wise not very good although it looked like he was  improving slowly right up until his injury.

Seems we got all the positive things he brought to them in Trippier, with the added bonus that he performs in matches as well.

32 minutes ago, joeyt said:

And yes there were plenty on here who said that Lingard turned us down

Based on his instagram posts over the last few years. He’s an immature clown.

I was in favour of Lingard last Jan as the situation was so desperate, even in the summer I said I’d have been okay with a 2 year contract in place of Murphy (Did not foresee the Isak signing which changed this :lol:)