Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

The reason Howe put "If it's in Gordon, I'll find it" is, if he wastes good time and money looking for it, and he sees it's definitely not in Gordon, the Howe doesn't wanna be sued 'cos Gordon hasn't got it. 

So the PIF aren't gonna get him on that. 

Honestly. Apologies to everyone tonight I'm doing my own head in now never mind everyone else's. That's it. I'm done. 

Guest reefatoon
25 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I’ll definitely throw up a little seeing him holding a Newcastle shirt. :icon_puke_r:

As long as he sticks a bag on his head.

Gordon has immense potential. Talented, fast, okay he’s a bit of a twat but I have complete confidence Eddie would sort him out. Can’t believe the negs on here for him. If, and I still think it’s a big “if” he comes, he’ll be an exciting addition and in six months he’ll be a popular player for us ….. that’s my prediction and opinion anyway.

Nee idea if he’ll sign or not, but if Howe thinks Gordon’s a good signing for us, that’ll do for me.

Besides, Howe is all about balance - and we need some *ahem* normal looking gents in that team for balance.  Wilson and Schar are, as Pete Baynham would tell us, too gorgeous

5014186B-342E-4AB3-8956-2405A2BE3411.jpeg.9a1b273c75141e148213f1e098e5253d.jpeg

(gratuitous ‘90s reference)

I think my biggest issue with Gordon is that I wouldnt tire of punching his face.

Everyone in our starting 11 plays with a smile on their face and enjoys their football. Gordon plays with a frown and a snarl and his antics on the pitch reflect it. It makes him incredibly difficult to warm to and even begin to appreciate if there is a decent player underneath.

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

Has he actually done anything, aside from appear to be a bit of a worky ticket twat on the field, that would suggest there is any kind of problem with his character?

Don’t think so, comes across as a fairly normal scouse kid in the limited interviews I’ve seen him give. 

All the comments in favour of Gordon seem to be about his speed and attitude, nothing about his technical ability. I don’t see us being in for him, I think the agents of certain British based players at shit teams are using desperate journalists(who lack foreign contacts) to drum up interest in the clients.

54 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

I reckon they may sell him for £25m-£30m. May be worth a punt. If Howe can work his magic he becomes a £60m player in 12 months, if not then we’ll probably get our money back from West Ham.

Add 10m to that and I think you are right. Problem is they turned down a 50m bid for him less than 6 months ago. I don't see them being able to sell him for too much less than that, undisclosed fee or not!