Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

15 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

I would hope that we are aiming higher than Gordan if we are looking for a player that can excite fans and be in the stating 11. Gordan would be fine as a squad player (ignoring his character), but we shouldnt be spending 30 mill on a squad player. 

What do you think is wrong with his character?

Just now, Whitley mag said:

Haway you post tenuous links from shit sources all over the shop, none any more reliable than Casey.

Other than the one I just accidentally posted (as I said I thought he said it was from SSN), I don’t post anything that isn’t from an actual journalist. Every single journalist out there is more reliable than Casey.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Other than the one I just accidentally posted (as I said I thought he said it was from SSN), I don’t post anything that isn’t from an actual journalist. Every single journalist out there is more reliable than Casey.

Seems a bit more clued up than Edwards to be fair to him.

23 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Remember what happened the last time we were in talks with Watford for a forward?

£60m striker incoming…..

Someone on a wattsapp group I am on said this a few hours ago as his ITK I just laughed. Maybe it was the truth unless he runs that twitter page 😂😂

Don't like Gordon at all. Horrible snidy little shit bag. Seems to retaliate when wound up which is never good in big important games. 

I do think there is a player in there, decent first touch, fast, good crosser and can score goals. 

If we did sign him I'd be willing to completely wipe the slate clean and give him a chance,hopefully Eddie can work his magic. 

No better than Maxi though from what I've seen. 

2 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Don't like Gordon at all. Horrible snidy little shit bag. Seems to retaliate when wound up which is never good in big important games. 

I do think there is a player in there, decent first touch, fast, good crosser and can score goals. 

If we did sign him I'd be willing to completely wipe the slate clean and give him a chance,hopefully Eddie can work his magic. 

No better than Maxi though from what I've seen. 

It’s almost like Howe isn’t content with our shithousery as it is, he wants to being a new protagonist in. 

As usual there's absolutely no nuance when discussing players. He's not shit but he's not brilliant either. He's a raw talent who is very direct, useful with both feet and has the potential to get better.

At this stage Howe and the recruitment team have so much credit in the bank, its difficult to doubt them. That's not to say they'll get them all right, but if they want Gordon, I trust that they've seen enough to suggest he can improve us. 

For me Gordon would depend on price and % of Jan/summer budget (which we’ll never know). If we think we’re getting a good deal because of his current situation and it’s not going to be one of our 2-3 biggest purchases between now and September I’d be into it. 

If it’s actually one of our huge buys then it does feel underwhelming.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

As usual there's absolutely no nuance when discussing players. He's not shit but he's not brilliant either. He's a raw talent who is very direct, useful with both feet and has the potential to get better.

At this stage Howe and the recruitment team have so much credit in the bank, its difficult to doubt them. That's not to say they'll get them all right, but if they want Gordon, I trust that they've seen enough to suggest he can improve us. 

Yes. we don't do nuance here.  He's either a horrible snidy little cunt or a master of brilliant shithousery.  Maybe he should get the job of miaowing at Zouma next month.

Gonna go out on a limb and say not a chance we sign Gordon. Feels much more like the stalking horse that LFEE mentioned. 

We tend to be very quick and decisive with these things, especially in January. Not a lot of buildup and speculation. I'd expect us to wake up one day in the next week and find that we're on the cusp of signing someone interesting. More interesting than Gordon I hope.