Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Shelvey has only played 3 games this season, we are where we are without him being available anyway. I think we have strengthened and also having ASM and Isak available will help attacking and Gordon/Ashby seem like good buys as well. Centre will be short but we have a few options to rejig formations given our resources. I would have snapped your hand off for this team with Shelvey gone a year ago. He doesn't really fit the tempo and even if you think Longstaff is limited he is fit and plays a part.

4 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

We tried. 

Again, this just highlights how hard it is to go for the very best players, when other clubs who have been successful for much longer are in for the same players. It's not that we are doing anything wrong.

Guest reefatoon

Yep exactly. Not much you can do when the top clubs can hoover up all the talent while teams trying to break through are hamstrung.

It is interesting that the local journos feel like we were led down a blind alley with our initial bids for Maddison. His agents led us to believe he was available for a much smaller fee than was true and encouraged us to bid. It makes you wonder if they were trying to flush a club like City out. 

4 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Isn't Grealish quite similar in play to Maddison? Also, thought it would be the red side of Manchester in for him, but not surprised by this either.

Think they are mint mates the 2 of them also. Sure Grealish mentioned something about it when at the World Cup

2 minutes ago, TotalWar said:

that sort of unexpectedly annoys me. They are treating Gallagher as a commodity, not as a valued player. I think it looks like they are saying that, 'yes you can go on loan, as you are unlikely to make it here, but you cant go anywhere where you could progress your career by impressing at a top club, no, just go back to that club we allowed you to go on  loan to last year'.

If we loaned a player to a rival this place would kick off.  And rightly so.  It was bad enough when we gave some cash to Burnley.  I see your point from a player side but I think mid season it's fair enough.  If they did the same I the summer I'd agree more.

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We really should make Bernado Silva our first really iconic signing.

Iconic of what? Imo, Bruno & Botman are already more iconic than what Silva would be. They will be the back bone of this side for the next 7-8 years if not longer. Silva would be stepping down for the last few years of his career at the top level. Only motivation for joining would be if we offered a bigger salary than Man City are giving him.

3 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Iconic of what? Imo, Bruno & Botman are already more iconic than what Silva would be. They will be the back bone of this side for the next 7-8 years if not longer. Silva would be stepping down for the last few years of his career at the top level. Only motivation for joining would be if we offered a bigger salary than Man City are giving him.

I think bringing in so much proven PL quality, with experience working for Pep, would be a bigger statement. Perfect for what we need and perfect for our system.

As people have said, I guess he will want Spain so not worth debating too much.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo