Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Interesting, watched him last night. He had one outstanding run with the ball and looked technically very good on the ball with close control. His stats didn’t look that good though but he is still young

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Merino has talked about how much he enjoyed Newcastle. It is not true that he was unsettled. He just wanted to play more after he had lost his place.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-mikel-merino-returning-goosebumps-23391657

Yeah said he liked his time in Newcastle but wanted regular football which makes sense as that’s the reason why he joined us from Dortmund in the first place.

If we are playing European football, Zaha wouldn't be the worst free transfer.

I know the Zaha debate has been done to death on here but I can't see many downsides to Zaha on a 2 year deal. Our forward line lacks massive depth and Zaha could play up front as a 3rd or 4th option, as well as out wide.

I don't think it's a deal we would look at, due to age but...

Edited by STM

12 minutes ago, STM said:

I know the Zaha debate has been done to death on here but I can't see many downsides to Zaha on a 2 year deal. Our forward line lacks massive depth and Zaha could play up front as a 3rd or 4th option, as well as out wide.

I’d be happy with bringing him in as an extra body, but I doubt he’d want to be a bench player 

14 minutes ago, STM said:

I doubt he would pass the no dickheads rule🤣

1 hour ago, STM said:

Hes a good player, but wages would be a big downside.

7 hours ago, STM said:

image.thumb.jpeg.08002fb8fee4dbf1336266116e1dc5aa.jpeg

10 hours ago, Kimbo said:

Stones and Grealish are supposed to be on around £550k per week combined, even Kalvin Phillips would be our top earner if he came here. Buying from the top 6 just isn't doable in my eyes unless it's a young player that they've overlooked.

Both are elite level players tbf to them. Pep loves both and they’ve played nearly all the time they’ve been fit this season. No chance they’d consider us at the moment but you’re right about buying from the top 6 unless young/only one season deep and gasping to get rid (probably only applies to Chelsea)

I'm a broken record but hope the Davies rumours from last month are true. He is probably too expensive in our current world. Still think he is exactly what we need and would light up the Premier League. Could play anywhere on the left flank. I would gladly cash in on ASM for him. 

18 hours ago, Kimbo said:

Top 3.

Raphinha - I’d like Maddison but Raphinha is a more obvious fit for our system.

Merino - I think he could play in Longstaff’s position or in the middle, he can chip in with assists and help us control possession better. I don’t really want a pure DM.
Bakker/Sosa - We were linked with Sosa before the WC, and then he looked good at it. I’ve not seen us linked with him since though. I’ve gone off Robinson a bit.

I think if we signed Maddison, another top winger, a proper left back like Bakker and another quality midfielder be it a 6 or whatever we’ll be looking really good. We probably do need another striker too and it could be a younger option like that Brazilian lad with Isak the main striker and Wilson rotating in when needed if he stays. I’d argue we need another CB with pace too as option to play with Botman as Schar can’t go on for ever.

Bringing in 4-6 quality players whatever number it is pushes the genuine quality squad numbers up from 13-14 too. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

17 hours ago, Kimbo said:

Stones and Grealish are supposed to be on around £550k per week combined, even Kalvin Phillips would be our top earner if he came here. Buying from the top 6 just isn't doable in my eyes unless it's a young player that they've overlooked.

Grealish and a few others have now signed puma boot deals (some to be the biggest ever in football) possible a new way around ffp and giving players pay rises.

2 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the summer transfers are already lined up.

I think this is probably true with a view. Maddison seems like a good fit for us and given we already bid last summer it’s not impossible to think that we’ve already agreed a deal with Maddison staying this season to help with relegation before leaving. 

I still think we will only have lists at the minute while some may have been courted already due to how they will naturally progress the side regardless of league finish or the deal is too good not to do. The other decisions will strongly rest on where we place come the end of the season based on who we can attract and if we need to ready the side of more quality in the 1st 11 and bench for a European competition. 

Chelsea and Newcastle are both monitoring former Manchester City forward Brahim Diaz. The 23-year-old Spaniard is currently on loan at AC Milan from Real Madrid but could become available at the end of the season. (Sun)

7 hours ago, toontownman said:

I'm a broken record but hope the Davies rumours from last month are true. He is probably too expensive in our current world. Still think he is exactly what we need and would light up the Premier League. Could play anywhere on the left flank. I would gladly cash in on ASM for him. 

Missed this rumour. Davies?  As in Alphonso Davies?

Absolutely no chance if so.