Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

10 minutes ago, buzza said:

Perfect four signings for me would be:

maddison (55m), bakker (35m), diaby (50m), paulinha (30m)

170 million summer outlay

minus 40 million champs league and 50 million Saudia deal.

paulinha for sure

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Been seeing Tammy Abraham links pop up over the past week or so.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he's one we look to bring in if we finish in a Champions League spot.

Would be a really good signing I think, do feel we need another striker as well.

Top 3.

Raphinha - I’d like Maddison but Raphinha is a more obvious fit for our system.

Merino - I think he could play in Longstaff’s position or in the middle, he can chip in with assists and help us control possession better. I don’t really want a pure DM.
Bakker/Sosa - We were linked with Sosa before the WC, and then he looked good at it. I’ve not seen us linked with him since though. I’ve gone off Robinson a bit.

1 minute ago, Kimbo said:

Top 3.

Raphinha - I’d like Maddison but Raphinha is a more obvious fit for our system.

Merino - I think he could play in Longstaff’s position or in the middle, he can chip in with assists and help us control possession better. I don’t really want a pure DM.
Bakker/Sosa - We were linked with Sosa before the WC, and then he looked good at it. I’ve not seen us linked with him since though. I’ve gone off Robinson a bit.

Merino is a good shout, but not sure he would want to come back to England. Wonder if he could be tempted. 

40 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Maddison

Merino

Abraham

That ticks things well.

Maddison to add goals and quality in final third from midfield.

Merino to protect the back and move it around slick and fast, allowing Bruno to roam forward more. Also reduces need for Longstaff.

Abraham to be that more physical target up top and something different to Wilson/Isak, and adds another quality goal scorer. 

Thuram

Maddison

Tierney

Or

Diaby

Neves

Bakker

Or

Abraham

Paulinha

Guerrero

Or

Raphinha

Kone

Robinson 

Basically we are in a great spot, plenty of viable options, different profiles etc. Getting someone like Thuram on a free is a game changer financially too.

45 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Merino is a good shout, but not sure he would want to come back to England. Wonder if he could be tempted. 

He’s been getting linked to Villa, which is a disgusting thought. If that’s a serious link then it needs hijacked.

4 hours ago, Myleftboot said:

Kalvin Phillips and £80 million for Bruno in the news this morning.

Good opening bid. Throw in Stones & Grealish and I think it would be a decent offer. £80m then on 2 central mids. 

4 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

What makes you think Neves is shite? 

Just my take, I appreciate I am probably in the minority and I'm no expert.

He's the lynchpin and captain of a poor team.

He's not got the engine to play at the level we are looking for.

He scores some nice long range strikes and is good at long passes which masks his huge failings in other areas.

Whenever he has played us I thought he was underwhelming.

Happy to be proven wrong by someone who has a more rounded viewpoint on him.

3 minutes ago, Mountain said:

Just my take, I appreciate I am probably in the minority and I'm no expert.

He's the lynchpin and captain of a poor team.

He's not got the engine to play at the level we are looking for.

He scores some nice long range strikes and is good at long passes which masks his huge failings in other areas.

Whenever he has played us I thought he was underwhelming.

Happy to be proven wrong by someone who has a more rounded viewpoint on him.

I think he's canny me. 

53 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

28 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Merino wasn't settled here the first time, for whatever reason. Highly doubt he would return tbh, though he was clearly a very talented CM

Merino has talked about how much he enjoyed Newcastle. It is not true that he was unsettled. He just wanted to play more after he had lost his place.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-mikel-merino-returning-goosebumps-23391657

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I think and hope we will target more the foreign market in the summer. I understand Howe wanting prem ready players in January, but shopping abroad is where you get more quality and value.

Agreed, home-grown rules notwithstanding, it does appear contradictory that the club continually brief the press about FFP difficulties and then target players in the most inflated price bracket possible (Gordon, Gallagher etc).

Then again, we’re not going to get all the details on the club’s strategy, so may not be properly illustrative.

9 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Good opening bid. Throw in Stones & Grealish and I think it would be a decent offer. £80m then on 2 central mids. 

Stones and Grealish are supposed to be on around £550k per week combined, even Kalvin Phillips would be our top earner if he came here. Buying from the top 6 just isn't doable in my eyes unless it's a young player that they've overlooked.

5 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Stones and Grealish are supposed to be on around £550k per week combined, even Kalvin Phillips would be our top earner if he came here. Buying from the top 6 just isn't doable in my eyes unless it's a young player that they've overlooked.

Eye-watering figures.

No thanks.