Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

38 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

I don’t think us being a much better project than Spurs is nebulous at all.

Also think you’re clutching at straws a bit to suggest playing ina better stadium would be key in a player making a decision to join your club, but playing infront of better fans wouldn’t.

I've watched a fair few Ben Foster podcasts where ex players rave about SJP and the atmosphere. And that's generally ones who've played here when we've been shite. I think if it was purely a stadium choice the vast majority would rather play here than at Spurs. 

For all the talk about Levy being tight I could easily see him paying £50m for Maddison though. They dropped that on Richarlison last summer just to add some depth. That's if they want him of course, if not I reckon we'd be the only other top side in for him and would probably be able to get him around £40m. 

1 minute ago, mondonewc said:

Madrid got a great deal for Bellingham if Rice goes for the supposed fee being quoted, 5 years younger, and Bellingham is a level above Rice and has a much higher ceiling, very possibly a future Ballon D'or winner whereas Rice close to 0% chance to win that in his career.

Not saying in terms of natural talent that Bellingham isn't noticeably better but I do think there's more to Rice than he's been able to show in a pretty average & back foot playing West Ham team.

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Adams has generally been very good whenever I've watched him for Leeds or the US. He has a great engine and gets through loads of graft. Not the best with the ball at his feet, but he'd be a reasonably cheap option if we're looking at a number six type.

Yeah, he’s actually pretty decent imo. Was Leeds’ best player before his injury and they fell apart without him. Wouldn’t be against it if he’s going cheap.

I’d hope we’d be slightly more ambitious though. Really need this to be a transformative window if we intend to stay in the top 4.

It's incredibly unlikely but from a fee/wages standpoint I'm assuming we could make it work. If you listen to that podcast with Jamie Reuben he talks about how there isn't a set amount of money that will be spent. Positions and players are prioritized and a case is made for each. If we think there is no single player that could transform us more then it could work. We'd have to sacrifice elsewhere most likely. For example, maybe that means we don't upgrade at LB for next season or maybe it rules out Dom and we get a younger, £30M player for that position or maybe it means we have to sell Maxi.

There are definitely ways to make the numbers work for a 24 year old England international. Convincing him to leave London and come here over someone like Arsenal is a far bigger hurdle.

Edited by timeEd32

Of those listed it's only really Walker-Peters who I'm not bothered about.

Adams and Lavia are both good options to be considering and I'd actually be pleased to see either of them here. Can't imagine either are our first choice on the CM shortlist but would certainly be good quality to have in the squad.

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

Convincing to leave London and come here over someone like Arsenal is a far bigger hurdle.

This is where we need Keegan to go and spend a morning with Rice to help do the convincing.

Would it be against the rules for us to sign Gundogan on a 2 year contract and the Saudi lot sign him on a pre contract for 25/26 on another 2 year contract? 

2 years with us for £100k a week and then another 2 years on a £1 million a week?

23 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Adams has generally been very good whenever I've watched him for Leeds or the US. He has a great engine and gets through loads of graft. Not the best with the ball at his feet, but he'd be a reasonably cheap option if we're looking at a number six type.

21 minutes ago, Rich said:

Think Howe would properly love Adams, like. He's got a touch of Kanté about him and loads of room to get even better.

I cant say I've seen him play much but if this is true sign him up, especially for that price. He doesn't need to pass it very far as we'll have decent passers close to him. Was surprised to see that Tiote had our highest pass total in a season reading the Trippier thread and Cheick wasnt exactly a fantastic passer. If Adams could do a similar job or better I'd be all for it.

The issue with Adam’s is that he doesn’t offer any real improvement on the shortcomings of Longstaff, which is surely what we should be looking for in a first team replacement in his position.

7 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Would it be against the rules for us to sign Gundogan on a 2 year contract and the Saudi lot sign him on a pre contract for 25/26 on another 2 year contract? 

2 years with us for £100k a week and then another 2 years on a £1 million a week?

Very very against the rules, and that’s the exact thing the PL will be looking for now that PIF own the 4 main Saudi clubs, inflated transfers from Newcastle to one of the 4 clubs and suspicions loans of high value players to us from 1 of the 4 clubs 

Edited by nufcnick

5 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

The issue with Adam’s is that he doesn’t offer any real improvement on the shortcomings of Longstaff, which is surely what we should be looking for in a first team replacement in his position.

Some of it is about squad depth, so a like for like of Longy is no bad thing for the squad! 

1 hour ago, Smal said:

Tyler Adams supposedly has a release clause of £30m. If it's him for £30m or McTominay for £25m it's a no brainer, like. 

Should sign both. They play different positions.

4 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Bayern won't spend 120m on a player

I think they would for Osimhen. Not even in his prime yet and a player with good resale value further down the track.

Adams would be a great signing if the numbers are right. He’s impressed every time I’ve seen him and he’d suit our pressing/aggressive style. 

I’m not sure he offers a lot going forward though and as long as we buy a creative player he’d be worthwhile. 

30 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

This is where we need Keegan to go and spend a morning with Rice to help do the convincing.

Be quite impressive for Keegan to convince Rice that Newcastle is closer to London than London is. :lol:

Regarding Rice though, he's on £60k/week now and turned down £200k/week 18 months ago. He's not coming here 

Just now, Chris_R said:

Be quite impressive for Keegan to convince Rice that Newcastle is closer to London than London is. :lol:

Regarding Rice though, he's on £60k/week now and turned down £200k/week 18 months ago. He's not coming here 

He turned down 200k a week as he wants to play champions league football and compete for big trophies.