Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I personally prefer Szoboszlai because he is much younger, more athletic and physical. jM is obviously proven in this league and probably a safer bet, but I’m certain that DS is too talented to not succeed and probably has a higher ceiling potentially. Plus I want us to bring in “our own” stars instead of buying ready made proven PL players. Not that DS is unknown really but there’s a nice feeling when you sign a player like Bruno for example who comes in and grows with the club and others are like “where did they find this guy, or get him”. The more unknown is sometimes more exciting somehow.

I would be very happy with Maddison too, no doubt. I think DS is our number one priority though.

4 hours ago, Rafalove said:

No idea what they’re saying like :lol: so if there are any German speakers that would be great 

ScreenShot2023-06-22at12_18_17AM.thumb.png.51f485fe4154d030e762b1259013b1ff.png

He said 'I don't like it, but I'll have to go along with it'. 

3 hours ago, Ikon said:

I personally prefer Szoboszlai because he is much younger, more athletic and physical. jM is obviously proven in this league and probably a safer bet, but I’m certain that DS is too talented to not succeed and probably has a higher ceiling potentially. Plus I want us to bring in “our own” stars instead of buying ready made proven PL players. Not that DS is unknown really but there’s a nice feeling when you sign a player like Bruno for example who comes in and grows with the club and others are like “where did they find this guy, or get him”. The more unknown is sometimes more exciting somehow.

I would be very happy with Maddison too, no doubt. I think DS is our number one priority though.

‘I want him because he’s foreign and exotic.’

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Makes JM the better prospect for me. Playing in a more difficult league in an inferior team. 

Ill be right happy with any of them. Seems like both are quite solid players, although im still a bit pissed about the dive Maddison did to get Leicester the pen against us :lol:.

31 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I would enjoy the Neves on loan signing more than us signing Tonali just for the sheer volume of seething it would cause that we’ve found the cheat code to FFP.😂

I’d hate it personally. I don’t want us to cheat in any way 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

‘I want him because he’s foreign and exotic.’

Don't be an idiot making things up in your own head about what i think.  I named many reasons as to why i wanted him. Foreign and being a fucking pineapple wasn't one of them.

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Don't be an idiot making things up in your own head about what i think.  I named many reasons as to why i wanted him. Foreign and being a fucking pineapple wasn't one of them.

A part of the appeal for you is that ‘unknown factor’. Foreign players based abroad have that.  English PL footballers do not. 

My reply was facetious but not facile. I’m in the right ballpark. We all get it sometimes. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

A part of the appeal for you is that ‘unknown factor’. Foreign players based abroad have that.  English PL footballers do not. 

My reply was facetious but not facile. I’m in the right ballpark. We all get it sometimes. 

He isn't unknown in any way to me though. But i like the fact when there is a signing done that everyone doesn't know about. 

That instead of going the safe way. There's a risk but i love when that comes out as a "steal" if X-player performs even better

than expected. DS would cost a bomb but im pretty confident that he would be a success and after a while we'll think that

the money he cost was a very good investment for 10+ years here or wherever.

45 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Thought this was pretty interesting when Maddison and Szoboszlai's profiles were compared on Sofascore on Loaded Mag last night. Nigh on identical.

Screenshot_20230622_081732_Sofascore.thumb.jpg.ef59046f4988a66a7bc3b846cb800757.jpg

Here's Tonali (green) vs. Bruno G (blue). Tonali as a double pivot mid in a 4231 and Bruno as Bruno in our 4-3-3.

sandrobruno.jpg.0bc24ebe4e6d9e6cebdc091b28075299.jpg

(I'd take Maddison in a heartbeat. I see no risk at all, just pettiness over the fee)

24 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’d hate it personally. I don’t want us to cheat in any way 

How is it cheating?

It doesn’t damage the integrity of the sport or what happens on the pitch.

If the rules were around a total cap on spending that made the competition fair I’d agree, but as the rules are to stop clubs going bust (or so they claim) getting cheap signings is fair enough. 

5 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

How is it cheating?

If the rules were around a total cap on spending that made the competition fair I’d agree, but as the rules are to stop clubs going bust (or so they claim) getting cheap signings is fair enough. 

It’s cheating the system. Simple as that 

8 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

How is it cheating?

If any other club did it (and some already have on a lesser scale), we’d (rightly) see it as blatant cheating man.

Call me Craig Hope but I don't see us spending £60m on Tonali, then another £50m on Maddison/Szoboszlai, reinforcing LB and CB then bringing in a backup forward.

If I was to guess I'd say Tonali was our marquee signing, then we'll look elsewhere for the second CM to leave money in the budget for the other two or three. 

I think we'll go big on the creative mid as well.

Then probably look for the value in CB and LB. 

Not sure we need a backup forward this window?

4 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Tonali

Szoboszlai/Maddison

Cucurella

A good CB option 

i’d be very happy 

Why do you want Cucurella? Even if he was good he would be our highest paid player (Tonali aside).