Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

9 minutes ago, James said:

I’m going to predict that we will sell one player this summer to Saudi league. It will be right at the end of the window so clubs won’t know we have huge money.

Sales like Neves will establish market value.

we will also sell Targett to another PL side.

Naaah. They're signing big names who can raise the profile there. ASM would be the only one I could see they'd think of taking there, that wouldn't disrupt its Newcastle operation too much, but I doubt the player would go. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

43 minutes ago, James said:

I’m going to predict that we will sell one player this summer to Saudi league. It will be right at the end of the window so clubs won’t know we have huge money.

Sales like Neves will establish market value.

we will also sell Targett to another PL side.

Was thinking this earlier. Reckon ASM and/or Dubz could be sacrificial lambs.

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ctw_96PICRb/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

It's just his own personal opinion and nothing new, but I think his weighing up of both players has swayed me closer to wanting Szoboszlai over Maddison for the first time. Go get him. 

You’d think Maddison would have been our first signing and as it drags a bit it does make you think if he’s weighing up going elsewhere whereas with Szoboszlai I think he’d jump at the chance and be just as good if not better. 

anyways, only time will tell. 

I do think that whatever we are doing with Tonali is very much related to what we are doing with Maddison/Slob.

I just wonder whether our move for either of them two, was dependent on securing our other midfielder for a sensible fee.

Basically, does signing Tonali clear the path with regards to other areas?

18 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

You’d think Maddison would have been our first signing and as it drags a bit it does make you think if he’s weighing up going elsewhere

It makes me think Leicester are doing the same thing that they did last summer with Fofana. They waited until late August to finally give in to Chelea's offer.  

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Pete doing his bit to put pressure on Leicester?

That reminds me of him on deadline day last summer when he was in the studio and he was talking to the Leicester reporter. He mentioned something like could Newcastle make a late bid for Tielemans and his colleague said something like, "with all due respect, if Tielemans goes it'd be for a bigger club rather than a sideways step". 

:yao:

19 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That reminds me of him on deadline day last summer when he was in the studio and he was talking to the Leicester reporter. He mentioned something like could Newcastle make a late bid for Tielemans and his colleague said something like, "with all due respect, if Tielemans goes it'd be for a bigger club rather than a sideways step". 

Shame someone couldn't find that clip.

35 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Heeeeeerrrrrrrrrrre's @brummie

Edited by madras

Feels like we've spent the last few weeks getting a feel on the price tag and gauging interest of lots of players.

Then as soon as the international fixtures ended we've decided it's go time.

Gonna be a hectic couple of weeks, I reckon.

31 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

There's nothing else in the article worth reading beyond that headline, to anyone who wants to save a click. 

Glad we're supposedly after a CB, like. Critical that we get one.