Brighton vs. Newcastle United: 13/08/22 @ 3PM (No UK TV)

Just now, Mazzy said:

We don't even know if Targett is actually injured. Let's not cry about Burn or Dummet having to play LB just yet. 

Not sure why we'd need to cry about either anyway. Both are more than capable if doing a job there. 

4 minutes ago, Heron said:

Not sure why we'd need to cry about either anyway. Both are more than capable if doing a job there. 

You wouldn't think so from what people are saying on here. One poster even mentioned he'd rather Lewis start than Dummett and that's ridiculous. 

6 minutes ago, Heron said:

Not sure Dummett is anymore tbh. Especially with Brighton being very strong down that side.

I think he will go with two separate CB pairings a lot of the time, Burn and Schar / Botman and Lascelles. Injuries will mean mixing and matching but looking at how he used his CBs at Bournemouth I see this as the method going forward.

Burn would actually be a pretty decent option at left back for us imo. The way we seem to want to play is with Trippier really high and the left back often tucking in to make a back 3 to compensate for it.

12 minutes ago, Nine said:

I think he will go with two separate CB pairings a lot of the time, Burn and Schar / Botman and Lascelles. Injuries will mean mixing and matching but looking at how he used his CBs at Bournemouth I see this as the method going forward.

Disagree, no way Lascelles starts today unless there are further injuries.

Edited by CPL

1 minute ago, CPL said:

Disagree, no way Lascelles starts today. 

I don’t really want to see it either and might not happen today, I can just see him getting more starts than expected during this season paired alongside Botman 

Edited by Nine

Must win if we're to stay with the pack at the top, arguably must win to stay within reach of the pack at the bottom and equally just as important to win to stay with the pack mid table.

4 minutes ago, TBG said:

Must win if we're to stay with the pack at the top, arguably must win to stay within reach of the pack at the bottom and equally just as important to win to stay with the pack mid table.

Must win second game of the season?

Just now, NWMag said:

Got a feeling he might start Longstaff instead of Willock today. With the weather the way it is, willocks energy fresh off the bench could be very useful in the second half.

Runs the risk of longstaff literally disintegrating in this heat.