Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

That Michael Martin seems like a right f***ing prick mind, just been reading through his tweets.  I don't want to derail the Cheick thread.

Agreed.

He is and that's without having to read anything.

Seemed an innocent idea by Gallowgate shots to be honest but it has that sense of people getting all huffy as if they feel there is only one group that can arrange flags.

Rather than a simple 4 part statement, just a DM and a separate public tweet would have done to say that it's nowt to do with them and they had no issue with it as long as the donations were transparent .  Instead we have mentions of police and fraud.    People wonder why the fanbase gets split from time to time as well.

Total storm in a teacup this whole flag scenario and actually it lacks class from both sides of the fence. Went out for a jog and had 250messages when I came back regarding this utter fucking embarrassment of a debate on social media. Cheik Tiote has passed away and we're arguing about how soon we make a flag. Jesus fucking Christ.

I think GS has maybe jumped the gun a bit in all of this but nonetheless it was with misled best intentions but fraud and the police...howay man...

A bit embarrassed about it all tbh. Worried it will somewhat damage our decent reputation we have worked hard for...

I have made my feelings known in the whatsapp

Have TF not been wankers for a good while now? The straw that broke the camels back for me was their hate for the Sack Pardew campaign. Hatred that was fueled because the group was making moves and TF were raging they weren't behind it standing centre stage. I'm surprised theres room in SJP on match days after those bellends and Steve Wraith squeeze their egos in.

Update:

Gallowgate Flags

We've been asked to point out that online efforts to raise funds for a Cheick Tiote tribute banner have nothing to do with Gallowgate Flags.

Fucking precious little twats, emailing every single media outlet that they can think of to try and demonise a fan raising money for a flag. Cannot believe that they are still going on as if they have the sole right to fundraise for and display a flag, twats.

A total embarrassment to our fanbase on a sad, sad day.

GallowgateFlags (or atleast some involved in it) and Mick Martin decided they were going to tell everyone he was a scammer because of a mix up (they thought he was claiming to be acting on behalf of GF, he clearly wasn't) Worst of all when it was patently clear he wasn't they never apologised.

The lad seems pretty distraught over it like, as you can imagine (talk of the police being involved), and has since refunded any donations.

The saddest thing is GF have done a lot of great work and this undermines a lot of that, twitter was awash with people claiming they'll never donate again to them, for whatever that's worth.

They could've at least apologised and spoke to Kris about it in private. The lad Kris (GallowgateShots) is a good chap, just trying to do something nice.

As per usual, the lack of decorum shown by MM only reaffirms how much of a bellend he is. As for GallowgateFlags and Alex in particular, I'd have thought they'd have a bit more sense than to publicly vilify someone for trying to do something good.

Can't speak about MM, but I know Alex and went to school with him. Normally a polite and decent lad, just think things came out the wrong way from GF. As for the other individuals purportedly contacting authorities and other media outlets...

Guest firetotheworks

They're a bunch of spiteful, immature toddlers like. They all need to grow the fuck up, especially at the moment.