Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Premier League matches starting at 19:45 on a Saturday?

It could be happening soon, according to the Times.

Up to 30 more fixtures will be shown live in the next broadcasting deal - at least 190 games a season and possibly more than 200 - and one proposal is to target a peak-time television audience with kick-offs on Saturday nights.

Is there also not rumours of Sunday 11:30/12:00 kick offs? To please the overseas (particularly Asian market) ensuring that there is a game on during prime time over there.

I much prefer early kick offs to late ones, to be honest.

Aye.

The Premier League are considering a package of late-morning Sunday kick-offs for the extra 22 live games to be included in the next three-year rights sale starting in season 2019-20.

The 11.30am or noon kick-off times are designed to appeal to the Asian market where the matches would be broadcast at peak time. The proposal was included in briefing notes for the PL summer meeting this week.

But there is likely to be outrage from fans at such a move which would mean them having to travel to away matches early on Sunday mornings when public transport is at its most unreliable — as well as taking even more action away from the traditional Saturday 3pm kick-off.

Another absolutely shite idea.

Guest chopey

Viewing figures are down 14% so Sky's solution is to change the kick off times so that it's more convenient in another part of the world

Arrange it for matches that the teams involved are close to each other in proximity - and that's that's as far as an unconsidered solution.

Bournemouth vs Newcastle - Sunday 11:30am.

Good luck getting home from town or anywhere at 10pm on a Saturday.

Metros and busses still running, would be a class kick off time for locals.

Shite for long distance travellers and away fans.

Viewing figures are down 14% so Sky's solution is to change the kick off times so that it's more convenient in another part of the world

Nowt to do with Sky, this is what the Premier League are interested in

There is no guarantee Sky will get the rights for 2019 onwards

The Premier League are considering a package of late-morning Sunday kick-offs for the extra 22 live games to be included in the next three-year rights sale starting in season 2019-20.

The 11.30am or noon kick-off times are designed to appeal to the Asian market where the matches would be broadcast at peak time. The proposal was included in briefing notes for the PL summer meeting this week.

But there is likely to be outrage from fans at such a move which would mean them having to travel to away matches early on Sunday mornings when public transport is at its most unreliable — as well as taking even more action away from the traditional Saturday 3pm kick-off.

Another absolutely shite  brilliant idea.

Saying Tottenham were bottlers for losing to West Ham apparently.

Generally speaking I have no clue how she got a job on a Sky Sports football show (well I do, but you know what I mean), but obviously doesn't deserve the sort of horrible shit thrown her way for this.

Abuse about what?

She said Spurs were bottlers after their result against West Ham ended their title challenge.

Apparently suffered tweet-rage from Spurs fans afterwards and I think I read that Spurs even complained to Sky about her comments.

I had this argument with a mate a few weeks back. I think they won 12 out of their last 13 PL games. They finished the season brilliantly. It was an inconsistent autumn that saw them fall short.

I had this argument with a mate a few weeks back. I think they won 12 out of their last 13 PL games. They finished the season brilliantly. It was an inconsistent autumn that saw them fall short.

Might have been Chelsea winning 30 out of 38 games as well like, that's some target to try and beat.

Might have been Chelsea winning 30 out of 38 games as well like, that's some target to try and beat.

Well yeah, obviously. That's the reason Chelsea finished with more points, though.

Well yeah, obviously. That's the reason Chelsea finished with more points, though.

My boss is a Spurs fan (well when they win), and he can't work out how a team can bottle it when they're 7/10 points behind, surely it was Chelsea who would have been the ones to bottle it. Chelsea simply didn't and Spurs gave it a good go, to get as close as they did was a decent enough try.