Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Consett/Stanley is probably 60/40 mackems to Mags at current. These backward Durham-ish areas are largely populated by older people though, when they die out it will all be 100% Mag land. 2021ers!

Guest neesy111
1 hour ago, LV said:

serious?? 

Yes, BT want rid as it's losing money still.  Dazn wanted to buy it but they have have a lot of other issues at this time.

It's a good move tbh.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Consett/Stanley is probably 60/40 mackems to Mags at current. These backward Durham-ish areas are largely populated by older people though, when they die out it will all be 100% Mag land. 2021ers!

My experience is that west Durham  is usually mag. There a lot of Sunderland fans too and also Manchester United and Liverpool.

3 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Yeah that’s really great. When you see something like that it drives home the thought that football isn’t “just” football. 

Football hasn't been just fooball for more than 100 yeas, there are countless stories, i've seen people with depression decide not to take their lives because of one great game in a stadium.  There's a say in Brazil that Football is by far the most important thing of the least important ones in life. 

Btw the thing that got me trough my father leaving our home was our club's stadium, i was 6, my uncles took me to watch almost every game that year, I even went in to the pitch with the players some games, we were just promoted to the top tier, being champions of the second divison with our biggest rival's being second, that year was so good we made the playoff's with some amazing football. But it was the crowd that made me fall in love with the game. 

Nowadays only place in the world I feel happier than the stadium is on top of a surfboard. 

Edited by JNK

5 minutes ago, JNK said:

Football hasn't been just fooball for more than 100 yeas, there are countless stories, i've seen people with depression decide not to take their lives because of one great game in a stadium.  There's a say in Brazil that Football is by far the most important thing of the least important ones in life. 

Btw the thing that got me trough my father leaving our home was our club's stadium, i was 6, my uncles took me to watch almost every game that year, I even went in to the pitch with the players some games, we were just promoted to the top tier, being champions of the second divison with our biggest rival's being second, that year was so good we made the playoff's with some amazing football. But it was the crowd that made me fall in love with the game. 

Nowadays only place in the world I feel more happy than the stadium is on top of a surfboard. 

There's a great book "Home and Away" by Karl Ove Knausgaard and Frederik Ekelund and it's their letters to each other about football and life and culture, Karl loving the dour, workmanlike game and Frederik (living in Brazil) the exuberant and reckless. Think you'd like it.

16 hours ago, STM said:

Go on, have a little cry.

That’s lush and aye there are more important things in life than football, but the joy people get from football and watching their heroes can be a beautiful thing in a life that can be so hard, and when, as in this video, some lass or lad gets to meet their hero, it’s special indeed. Delighted for the lass and good on Grealish, he could have just left it at signing her top, but went and gave her a hug! :love:

Edited by HTT II

17 hours ago, Ben said:

Do people actually know where Stanley is ? It's 7 mile from st James park i can drive there in like 18 minutes 

Guess you have a flying Delorean then? Thats at least a half an hour drive unless you've got some hidden route that avoids anything like a main road or you have no fear of speed limits at all

47 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Guess you have a flying Delorean then? Thats at least a half an hour drive unless you've got some hidden route that avoids anything like a main road or you have no fear of speed limits at all

Just checked and it 20 minutes

2 minutes ago, tgarve said:

Just checked and it 20 minutes

Presumably with google maps?

Which always goes with no traffic at off peak times.

In that situation it might be do-able, assuming you don't have to park, or hit any kind of obstruction whatsoever...and manage to avoid the absurd bus-lane scheme in Gateshead which no nav system has picked up yet.