Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Does anyone know when our new shirt sponsor will be announced?

Guess it depends on whether the consortium/new sponsors buy out the remainder of the Fun88 contract. You’d have thought it to be this summer, but it’s not necessarily the case. 

Anyone else doing Dreamteam with mates this year? I'm still battling for first in second, in recent weeks closed gap from 60 points to just 5 with few games left.

What is fucking me off is the scoring system. Some players get points in big teams even though they get beaten heavily? Fucks me off. Mane scores goal and gets 8 points last night. Trent did fuck all in terms of assists and had a goal go in, gets 6 points!? Meanwhile Allison and Van Dijk, Joto and Salah get fuck all. Same with Bruno against Brighton. Beaten 4 nil, but picks up 3 points. Or Sa at Wolves. They can lose 1 or 2 nil and he gets a point! Feels like its very unfair for points at times. Surely actual contributions (clean sheets, assisst, goals, MOM) should count? How do players in teams that lose 4 or 5 nil get points? 

Only bitching as I felt I should have scored more at times, my mate in first gets points for nothing at times.

I don't know if it's a sign that I'm unwell, but for last several months I've been listening to Simon Jordan on Talksport radio (only when driving, so not a lot). Now I used to believe he was the Alan Pardew of the (former) football club owner / chairman world. An opinionated idiot who was often wrong, but that was before listening to him consistently over time. Problem is I've listened to enough of him to now think he's alright, a little insightful at times and actually not a bellend at all.

Am I OK? Should I dial 111?

Maybe it's because of the concrete mixer full of humble pie he ate when we got sold to the Saudis, and since then defended us etc. but actually don't mind listening to his views.

Also, why is Andy Goldstein the voice of Super Hans? :lol: - I just think it is him on Talksport Radio every time he's on. After a quick google, he even fucking looks like him.

And he doesn't just sound like him, he even talks like his character a lot. If he made the odd joke about smoking crack or talked about his band it would be 100% be him. :lol:

1 hour ago, hakka said:

I don't know if it's a sign that I'm unwell, but for last several months I've been listening to Simon Jordan on Talksport radio (only when driving, so not a lot). Now I used to believe he was the Alan Pardew of the (former) football club owner / chairman world. An opinionated idiot who was often wrong, but that was before listening to him consistently over time. Problem is I've listened to enough of him to now think he's alright, a little insightful at times and actually not a bellend at all.

Am I OK? Should I dial 111?

Maybe it's because of the concrete mixer full of humble pie he ate when we got sold to the Saudis, and since then defended us etc. but actually don't mind listening to his views.

I think one of the problems is that a lot of media personalities feel (and are told) that in order to stand out and do well you need to have very strong 'opinions' or steaming hot takes or whatever and be very belligerent about it, and therefore get lots of responses either agreeing or angry the other way. If someone is by and large moderately sensible and not totally clinically insane therefore prolonged exposure that may be be likely to come accross and you can smooth over the absurd takes. My only arena of coming accross Simon Jordan is him being quoted on here saying something stupid or possibly other way around), therefore I build up an assumption on him that's largely unfair.

I would say I would like a media arena where people aren't encouraged to "stir the pot" as I am sure is mentioned in meetings but maybe that would just be all boring where everyone basically agrees players are by and large ok, clubs should be better run and footballers do earn too much but it's not their fault repeated ad nauseam.