Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, joeyt said:

The BBC have Giggs goal as the best ever FA cup moment.

It was a great goal and iconic celebration but not sure it's the competitions greatest moment

(Ronnie Radford 5th)

Great goal but Giggs was better shirley?

And the pitch invasion after Radfords goal - just a sea of Parkers [emoji38]

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Why do that on a Friday afternoon though. Could have made a big thing of that.

Exactly. Why couldn't that have happened 2 hours before their final home game? 

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

Fun thread

Watched a video of the Middlesbrough beamback in 1990 for research last week and saw my young self watching the pitch invasion live at the time as my current self was watching it for the first time on video, which has stayed with me in back to the future sort of way

Capture.JPG

3 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Does anyone know...

Is it possible to watch a game on Sky and simultaneously have the same game streamed on SkyGo without disrupting viewing of the game on the TV?

I don't even want to know how that could be done, in a way. 

15 hours ago, Lazarus said:

Anyone remember Sonny Pike? Absolutely insane story.

I'm guessing every kid who loved football and was born between about 1980 and 1985 would have heard of him in the '90s - though his fame was truly built by Ajax youth academy of our imaginations; do young'uns today still think of Ajax's youth side being a conveyor belt of talent, where they all play football in the same style as the first team?

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

:lol: NUFC never had a black player until 1982? Am I googling that wrong?

Not sure but would imagine that would apply to most U.K. clubs sadly.

8 hours ago, toon25 said:

Does anyone know...

Is it possible to watch a game on Sky and simultaneously have the same game streamed on SkyGo without disrupting viewing of the game on the TV?

Yes. Thats essentially what SkyGo is for. Me and my Dad use my brother's SkyGo account and we all watch the same game at the same time. They play separately. 

19 minutes ago, Mike said:

That is absolutely insane.

Not massively. Healthy mix of lack of opportunity due to the obvious and just not having that many black people before then.

Britain had an influx of black immigrant post WW2, before that you’re talking low thousands in total, and it was basically became the kids of that generation who came here who made up the first generation of black British footballers. A quick deeks and the census says just over 1% of the British population was classified black in 1981. 

Cricket was the same.