Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Just now, Disco said:

Was all known pretty much at the time too. 

Yeah, I know Man United are a high profile example, but weren't the mackems bought via a leveraged buyout too? 

It's fucked Burnley for the foreseeable future. Any incoming cash will be put towards repayments. The most optimistic outcome is that they manage to punch above their weight in the PL for a couple of years. Similar to Sunderland, if they go down they'll just sell anything that isn't nailed down.

It makes a total mockery of the Owners and Directors test.

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

“Crawley have lost all three of their matches since Yems was suspended and the manager remains popular with fans, who chanted ‘We want our Yems back’ during Saturday’s 2-0 home defeat by Leyton Orient.”

Wow at this though, just wow. 

What the fuck is wrong with people and the game…

Even with all the shit going on at the minute to see actually enforced segregation going on in this day and age is shocking. Thing is with our takeover as well though I can’t help but feel like a massive hypocrite calling stuff like this out. Sorry if that’s me going off on a bit of a tangent.

Guest HTT II

The game has come a long way and it’s changed massively in real positive ways but the further down the pyramid you go it’s still grim in terms of racism, abuse and just downright awful football stereotypes. 

Guest HTT II
12 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Even with all the shit going on at the minute to see actually enforced segregation going on in this day and age is shocking. Thing is with our takeover as well though I can’t help but feel like a massive hypocrite calling stuff like this out. Sorry if that’s me going off on a bit of a tangent.

Aye, I’m constantly having to temper my feelings for the club knowing who or what owns us. I say just try and enjoy things and accept that we can’t pick and choose who owns us and that we do have very good, honest and likeable people working in every area of the club. For example I can’t stand the Tories and one our owners is one, but by all accounts he’s a really good bloke.

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Genuinely can’t get over how bad that is. It ties in to what I was saying about drugs though, that’s been going on for a year and no one has said anything, football hides all its secrets.

It’s a closed shop in lots and lots of ways, if your face or name doesn't fit and it’s not what you know but who you know, from grassroots up. I’ve known kids let go by academies because they’ve spoken out against bullying/racism or even just for having an opinion on coaching, facilities etc.

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II

I also know loads of kids who are in academies because their much better siblings are and the clubs want to keep the parents sweet, or because their dad was a former/current player or a scout or because mum is an agent. Some of these kids can barely kick a ball. Then you have the likes of Bruce getting his son jobs, or Lampard walking into 3 cushty jobs because he was a great player. 

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

100 percent, everyone is looking to backstab people it’s insanely cliquey. I have to basically not be myself and watch what I say. A guy I work with was at a fairly well club scouting, and they kept trying to not pay him, etc.

He would recommend players and they wouldn’t care because he wasn’t an ex pro. The manager literally once said to him “I don’t give a fuck what your opinion is”. He’s lucky it was over the phone tbh, but it’s filled with absolute dickheads sadly 

Aye all it does is starve the game of potential talent in terms of scouts, coaches, managers and even players. My son’s coach would wipe the floor with Steve Bruce, but he’s never played a professional match before…

Guest HTT II
Just now, ManDoon said:

That attitude is definitely still very prevalent though it is gradually changing. They basically close shop, protect their own interests and don’t care if you’ve not played pro.

Guy I work for David, is on this pod from about 59mins he’s got some really good views on it if anyone is interested. Really good guy 

Cheers, I’ll give that a listen later.

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Aye sadly…

I’m being unkind, bike fell apart there one day years ago while I was passing through and an old guy on an estate was really nice and helpful. It’s still an absolute dump though.