Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

I don't believe it has anything to do with degenerative brain or anything else like that. It's just that once you get deep enough into that conspiracy rabbit hole anything that conflicts with your new views is just fake government propaganda and gets brushed aside. From there you start to apply those conspiracy theories to anything happening in the world and Le Tissier is now at that point IMO.

IIRC @BlufPurdi probably knows most about the subject here.

Edited by Pata

38 minutes ago, Pata said:

I don't believe it has anything to do with degenerative brain or anything else like that. It's just that once you get deep enough into that conspiracy rabbit hole anything that conflicts with your new views is just fake government propaganda and gets brushed aside. From there you start to apply those conspiracy theories to anything happening in the world and Le Tissier is now at that point IMO.

IIRC @BlufPurdi probably knows most about the subject here.

You saying that applies to bluf?

Had the unfortunate luck of going to The Dog & Parrot after the game. They serve decent Guinness but according to them the Council decree it has to be in a plastic glass unless you know the owner when a proper glass is ok. 

Wraith then turns up with SuperMac to give his post match thoughts and in doing so a part of me dies seeing my childhood hero paraded like a side show exhibit. 

All topped off by a large group of travellers turning up with a black dwarf dressed up in a baby blue romper suit, cable tied around the hands with “Dick the Baby” emblazoned on the romper suit. Ensues loads of laughs, photos and me complaining to the bar staff who were shit scared and me and my mate having to leave out pint and walk out before we said too much.

Incredible; I’m still in shock tbh.

Dog & Parrot is best avoided, aye it plays decent music but it's a student place at best and the hovel you've described at its worst. That Wraith is there before and after every game is extra reason to avoid it.

Town Wall do probably the best Guinness in the town now.

16 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Had the unfortunate luck of going to The Dog & Parrot after the game. They serve decent Guinness but according to them the Council decree it has to be in a plastic glass unless you know the owner when a proper glass is ok. 

Wraith then turns up with SuperMac to give his post match thoughts and in doing so a part of me dies seeing my childhood hero paraded like a side show exhibit. 

All topped off by a large group of travellers turning up with a black dwarf dressed up in a baby blue romper suit, cable tied around the hands with “Dick the Baby” emblazoned on the romper suit. Ensues loads of laughs, photos and me complaining to the bar staff who were shit scared and me and my mate having to leave out pint and walk out before we said too much.

Incredible; I’m still in shock tbh.

I'm sorry what?

Guest neesy111
1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Dog & Parrot is best avoided, aye it plays decent music but it's a student place at best and the hovel you've described at its worst. That Wraith is there before and after every game is extra reason to avoid it.

Town Wall do probably the best Guinness in the town now.

I walked in a few weeks ago and walked out as soon as I saw the clientele.  Was better back in the day.

Guest neesy111
23 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Was just about to say it was usually fine when I used to go then remembered that I'm old now and I haven't been in like 7 years. :lol:

It actually looks better now, it's has a refit but the student clientele is awful.

44 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

I walked in a few weeks ago and walked out as soon as I saw the clientele.  Was better back in the day.

I was last in in early February for the trebles, only place that springs to mind that does 3 for £6. Usually I'd never go in, it's one of the most popular student places hence the rowdy clientele on a weekend. 

32 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Anyone going in the Dog and Parrot wants their head examining.

Anyone looking for a decent pint of Guinness outside the Irish Club wants their head examining.

Personally go by this account tbh. https://www.instagram.com/guinness_upon_tyne/  Inside the Irish Centre looks like a depressing auld bloke's social club from the 90s, however nice the Guinness is. :lol: