Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

25 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

You deny COVID exists on telly and you're labeled a prat.

Are you the person going around Benton, Killingworth and Cramlington spray painting "COVID HOAX" on all the road signs? 

37 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I think slowly but surely more and more people are going to realise that Lineker's well-meaning, but ultimately a bit of a pillock that does more harm than good when it comes to non-football matters.

Is he not reminiscing about racist abuse "during his career" (as a footballer) tho? So an actual football related matter. 

The only harm he appears to do, for me, is radge up the gammonati who just don't like his humanitarian/liberalism. 

Unless he's lying him suggesting he witnessed/was subject to racist abuse for even looking slightly forrin should be noted, surely? 

Edited by Groundhog63

4 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Is he not reminiscing about racist abuse "during his career" (as a footballer) tho? So an actual football related matter. 

The only harm he appears to do, for me, is radge up the gammonati who just don't like his humanitarian/liberalism. 

Unless he's lying him suggesting he witnessed/was subject to racist abuse for even looking slightly forrin should be noted, surely? 

I don't think a boujie white man almost adopting oppression by saying they were subject to 'pretty much racist abuse' because they had a tan, followed by 'even though I'm as English as they come' is doing much good like. Just my opinion of course, but it's like that Gareth in The Office line where he talks about his grandad being racist because he calls black people 'darkies...instead of coloureds' That meaningless slip of the tongue aside, I just think he's a bit of a liberal stereotype.

Like a lot of mainstream liberals/centrists he attracts criticism from not just the right but from the left as well, sometimes for the same reasons. 

49 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

I was just thinking about this the other day. He was worshipped by some of the most actively racist fans we ever had.