Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

I'm not generally one for "if I'd done that in the street etc etc" but Thatcher was lucky not to face police action for that imo.

Still remember that forearm smash - then had the nerve to look totally bemused when getting the red

I'm not generally one for "if I'd done that in the street etc etc" but Thatcher was lucky not to face police action for that imo.

Still remember that forearm smash - then had the nerve to look totally bemused when getting the red

He only got a yellow

He only got a yellow

WTF? I always thought he got a red!

Thatcher should never have played in the league again after that.

Who was that Australian that played for Wolves...? Muscatt? Arguably the most dangerous footballer ever

Class video of Sheff Utd beating Millwall from a few years back and Warnock goading all the Millwall players as they come off at FT, "Thats fucking for Muscat"

Definitely yellow, he got a significant ban though.

I genuinely thought he'd killed him at the time. I remember Glen Johnson screaming for the medics to come on.

He still claims that at the time he didn't even know what he did to him, it was only after someone told him after the game how bad it was that he realised he'd done wrong.

Who was the commentator who said "now I've seen it again, he was a bit late"? :lol:

Are we counting Ben Thatcher on Pedro Mendes as a tackle?

Gotta say I thought the Santos one was a worse tackle - watched the vid Wullie posted, and yeah, Thatcher kicks the shit out of his knees as he wildly swings his left leg at him. It is indeed an assault.

But Santos, with malicious forethought, set out to butcher Johnson. He got off the ground, both feet studs up and connected full whack with Johnson’s trailing foot (and bonus style points have to go for Johnson’s fall). As a footballing tackle, I feel it’s worse...?