Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Southgate seems to hate us, he's picked pretty much every fit CB over Lascelles :lol:

Maybe he just recognises when players aren't good enough to play for England?

Remember when Longstaff was linked to an England call up

Gotta love the laziness and slight racism of our media calling Fati the new Eto'o. "Mmmm... who's another black guy that scored goals for Barça? Eto'o! There you have it." :lol:

Happens here as well, no?

I don't think it's necessarily racist, is it? I mean.... can you imagine if good black players were constantly being compared to only (or mostly) good white players?

It's as if to say that the likes of Weah, Drogba, etc are not good enough (to be compared to) and that a good black player should be compared to a good white player.

Southgate seems to hate us, he's picked pretty much every fit CB over Lascelles :lol:

Maybe he just recognises when players aren't good enough to play for England?

I don't rate Jama particularly but if you're dishing out caps to Coady, Mings, Tarkowski etc. he can feel hard done by not to have had a couple of games IMO.

Gotta love the laziness and slight racism of our media calling Fati the new Eto'o. "Mmmm... who's another black guy that scored goals for Barça? Eto'o! There you have it." :lol:

I don't think it's necessarily racist, is it? I mean.... can you imagine if good black players were constantly being compared to only (or mostly) good white players?

It's as if to say that the likes of Weah, Drogba, etc are not good enough (to be compared to) and that a good black player should be compared to a good white player.

Again, I'm white as milk so I'm possibly talking out of my ass, but I find it slightly aggravating that when we get a rising black player, he immediately has to be compared to another black player regardless. Looks to me that the media are putting people in boxes depending on the color of their skin. So Fati breaks into scene, and media go "oh, he's black, who's the last great black forward that played for Barça? Well, that's who Fati is".

I've seen white players compared to Drogba, btw.

EDIT: I'm probably putting too much thought into this, I admit. :lol:

Again, I'm white as milk so I'm possibly talking out of my ass, but I find it slightly aggravating that when we get a rising black player, he immediately has to be compared to another black player regardless. Looks to me that the media are putting people in boxes depending on the color of their skin. So Fati breaks into scene, and media go "oh, he's black, who's the last great black forward that played for Barça? Well, that's who Fati is".

Unless Fati shares any similarities to Eto’o as a player, then it’s definitely a lazy (and racist) comparison.

Etoo was a CF, has Fati even played there? I've barely seen him play be fair, but it feels like he's been played on the left of a front three.

I really, really hope Fati makes it and become the next big thing for no other reason than him being a Barcelona product.

It's lazy it's not racist. However laziness will always lead to accusations as there are many people that are prepared to put in the effort.

It could be racist if their styles of play aren’t similar enough to warrant the comparison if they weren’t the same ethnicity.

The comparison is that he scores goals for Barca.

Well obviously that's true. I'd say a lazy comparison is fair enough, but to say it's racism is ridiculous.

It could be racist if their styles of play aren’t similar enough to warrant the comparison if they weren’t the same ethnicity.

The comparison is that he scores goals for Barca.

Well obviously that's true. I'd say a lazy comparison is fair enough, but to say it's racism is ridiculous.

I concur.

Was thinking of players teams sold early because they thought they had got the most out of a player’s lifespan.

For us Gary Speed - Newcastle to Bolton. Played another four years. Eight goals at 36-37 for Bolton

Solano - both times. Was one of West Ham’s best players 07/08. We could have used that

Gary Cahil - Villa to Bolton.

Johnny Evans - Man U to West Brom

Albrighton - Villa to Leicester

Kouyate - West Ham to Crystal Palace

Maybe a better term would be “players they thought had hit their ceiling and decided to sell”

Pirlo to Juventus? Always thought that was weird but not sure if it was Pirlo that wanted to go to Juve or Milan who thought they could do better.

Was thinking of players teams sold early because they thought they had got the most out of a player’s lifespan.

For us Gary Speed - Newcastle to Bolton. Played another four years. Eight goals at 36-37 for Bolton

Solano - both times. Was one of West Ham’s best players 07/08. We could have used that

Gary Cahil - Villa to Bolton.

Johnny Evans - Man U to West Brom

Albrighton - Villa to Leicester

Kouyate - West Ham to Crystal Palace

LvG didn't fancy Evans and bought Rojo as a replacement.