Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest firetotheworks

Schmeichel should be in goal.

Definitely. Lampard should be ahead of Gerrard too imo

Vieira or Keane for me, but hard to argue against any of them really.

Schmeichel should definitely be ahead of Cech, and obviously Neville, Dixon or Zabaleta at right back.

Ivanovic has a decent shot at RB.

For me.. due to longevity, I would have Rio, Crazy Campbell & Terry ahead of both of those personally. Only caught the tail end of Adams career but have a hard time believing he was better than Terry.

Adams was shocking until 1990ish despite him being captain of the champions on a couple of oçcasions. After he got put away and came out publicly as an alcoholic , his football improved tenfold and it seemed to happen really quickly too. So before his improvement you'd have to say he wasn't in Terry's league but after he certainly was. Better? At certain things definitely.  They were both inspirational leaders, Adams quicker and probably better on the deck.  Pretty equivalent aerially but Terry more dangerous from set pieces. All in all too close to call.

There are other central defenders  that have to be considered I feel as although Jaap Stam was outstanding, he didn't play here for very long. 2 seasons or so iirc. So you have to consider Pallister and also Vidic from Manchester United along with the already mentioned Rio. Plus Kompany and of course the best of them all, Paul McGrath.  I would also mention Des Walker but his best work was pre Premiership though he did have a decent season or 2 with Sheff Wed.

Rob Jones' selection is slightly odd. Gary Neville head and shoulders above the rest there. Schmeichel definitely in goal too.  Keane or Vieira in front of Gerrard or would you just slot Vieira or Keane in the middle of a three and get Cantona in or maybe Bergkamp further up the pitch?

Guest Howaythetoon

Rob Jones for a season or so was amazing, G.Neville but with pace and more attacking potency. Injuries robbed him of a great career.

My PL XI would be:

Schmeichel

G.Neville

R.Ferdinand

Cavalho

Cole

Ronaldo

Scholes

Makalele

Giggs

Shearer

Henry

Gonna try a La Liga best XI for the same period (1992-2017). Boringly, it's all Real Madrid / Barça players.

Casillas

Dani Alves

Pujol

Ramos

Roberto Carlos

Busquets

Xavi

Zidane/Iniesta (utterly split on this one)

Ronaldo

Proper Ronaldo

Messi

Gonna try a La Liga best XI for the same period (1992-2017). Boringly, it's all Real Madrid / Barça players.

Casillas

Dani Alves

Pujol

Ramos

Roberto Carlos

Busquets

Xavi

Ronaldo

Proper Ronaldo

Messi

Zidane for me.  Iniesta is a great player but Zidane was on another level.

Casillas

Dani Alves

Pujol

Ramos

Roberto Carlos

Busquets

Xavi

Ronaldo

Proper Ronaldo

Messi

Zidane for me.  Iniesta is a great player but Zidane was on another level.

I'd make it a 4-4-2 with Ronaldinho & C.Ronaldo on wings with Xavi and Zizou behind Ronaldo and Messi. I realise Ronaldinho wasn't a winger as such but got to have him.

Casillas

Dani Alves

Pujol

Ramos

Roberto Carlos

Busquets

Xavi

Ronaldo

Proper Ronaldo

Messi

Barely even worth debating, bar the Zidane/Iniesta one.

Guest firetotheworks

I thought it would be Xavi, Iniesta, Zidane tbh. Busquets is great but I didn't expect to see him in the all time XI.

Kondogbia clearly fucked up, but why is the keeper that far out? The ball isn’t that far up and it is still with your back line, based on how the keeper was running back he must have been near the top of his box. He probably should have been around the top of the 6 yard box.

Trying to blame the keeper on that. C'mon. The keeper is far out as the team are playing out from the back.  :lol: