Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest Open_C

I think for us, rush keeper was where the keeper could come out and play but was still the only person who could use his hands. Fly-and-rush was where anyone could be the keeper.

This is how it worked between Amble and Ashington in my experience, although the latter was just simply Fly Keeper :thup: I later came to realise that Rush Keeper was actually just regular football

Mundial ran a poll to see what people used to call it when anyone was allowed to be in goal. Rush keeper for me

It was 'Goalie When' when anyone could save it surely ?

Rush keeper was when the keeper could come out of goal and join in farther up the pitch, i always thought  :dontknow:

Guest Open_C

I think most people agree on Rush Keeper (which is of course just football, depending on how buccaneering the keeper is feeling).  It's the Anyone Can Be Keeper variant that's always had different names.

Mundial ran a poll to see what people used to call it when anyone was allowed to be in goal. Rush keeper for me

Rush keeper was when the keeper could come out of goal and join in farther up the pitch, i always thought  :dontknow:

Presumably “Goalie-when” was the North/East London and Essex standard :lol:.

Presumably “Goalie-when” was the North/East London and Essex standard :lol:.

I could hardly help that though  :lol:

Fog man back, was the first back, rush goalie the keeper could come outfield

Aye, same.

Is 'fog man back' just geordie/north eastern?

We just called it singles or doubles - not Wembley - when you're playing solo with one keeper.

And SPOT when you took turns to try and hit the wall - you won if you were first to do it four times (spelling S P O T - and sometimes we'd add a ! to keep it going)

Never understood the concept of rush keeper. Keepers can do that if they want anyway.

In most formal small sided games the 'keeper can't leave the area. That's the difference really.

Never understood the concept of rush keeper. Keepers can do that if they want anyway.

In most formal small sided games the 'keeper can't leave the area. That's the difference really.

Yeah that makes sense. Just people used to say it on the playground/park etc, as if it meant anything.

Guest firetotheworks

So everyone knows what's definitely going to happen and to separate it from Fog Back.

Yeah that makes sense. Just people used to say it on the playground/park etc, as if it meant anything.

I feel like it must stem from some inane child logic based on the fact back at school no one ever really wanted to be in goal. :lol:

I was the antithesis of that. I'd only play if it was 'stick' 'keepers. Shame I never got the growth spurt my love for goalkeeping deserved.  :sad:

I think most people agree on Rush Keeper (which is of course just football, depending on how buccaneering the keeper is feeling).  It's the Anyone Can Be Keeper variant that's always had different names.

'Monkey keeper'