Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

It's a shitty thing to do imo, it's basically cheating.

It's not basically cheating.

How is that an argument? :lol:

Well its not against any rules so its literally not cheating. If we’re getting into morality then one team being able to spend £200m on players while another can spend £1m on players is a much bigger unfair advantage

There not being a rule against it doesn't justify it because it's absolutely a moral issue. I'm not sure how whataboutism changes that.

It is a moral issue, there’s just much bigger moral issues being ignored in the game so I don’t see why this is such a big deal

Well because it's one that can actually be stopped with a rule change for a start.

So can a lot of moral issues that nobody cares about

Why do you keep making the same point? :lol: There being other things that need to change doesn't make this one that shouldn't be.

Almost as bad as the "Derby could have done it too so it's not as bad" argument

Well its not against any rules so its literally not cheating. If we’re getting into morality then one team being able to spend £200m on players while another can spend £1m on players is a much bigger unfair advantage

There not being a rule against it doesn't justify it because it's absolutely a moral issue. I'm not sure how whataboutism changes that.

It is a moral issue, there’s just much bigger moral issues being ignored in the game so I don’t see why this is such a big deal

Well because it's one that can actually be stopped with a rule change for a start.

Why do you keep making the same point? :lol: There being other things that need to change doesn't make this one that shouldn't be.

Its just a strange one to get worked up about IMO

Guest firetotheworks

I don't see anyone getting worked up, just having an opinion on a football news story that happened this week.

I don't see anyone getting worked up, just having an opinion on a football news story that happened this week.

Not on here but lots of people in the media are getting worked up over it

Southgate being considered for Man Utd job?

Yes please :lol:

huh not sure what to make of that, on the one hand his club record is poor but on the other he has done way better than anybody could have possibly hoped for or expected when he took the england job in the first place

Southgate being considered for Man Utd job?

Yes please :lol:

huh not sure what to make of that, on the one hand his club record is poor but on the other he has done way better than anybody could have possibly hoped for or expected when he took the england job in the first place

I see nothing but a more high profile version of Coleman to the mackems if that actually happened.

Neil Warnock had his say about Brexit after Cardiffs game today, for some reason

"I think once the country knows what they're doing and we get an agreement and move on, I think it will be straightforward [to sign players].

"But I don't know why politicians don't do what the country wanted if I'm honest. They had a referendum and now we see politicians and everyone else trying to put their foot in it.

"Why did we have a referendum in the first bloody place? I can't wait to get out if I'm honest. I think we'll be far better out of the bloody thing. In every aspect. To hell with the rest of the world."

"Football-wise as well."

:spit:

:aww:

Class story this, love it. Mini HTT post here:

I watched Wisla Krakow about 5 years ago. Amazing experience. Was on a lads weekend with 12 other lads. We all "registered" at ticket office earlier on in day, passports and everything, so we could purchase tickets when we got to ground, we were all buzzing. Conversation was pretty difficult with Polish lass at ticket office, who spoke zero English, but we felt we'd got there eventually. We'd been on piss all day, all absolutely shitfaced. Game kicked off at 7.30pm, and we were getting taxis from our hotel at 6ish.

Me and 3 others got in first taxi, and got dropped off at ground. We looked around and we were well confused. This wasn't the ground we bought tickets from earlier on in the day. :undecided: and eventually we realised we'd went to KS Cracovia ground earlier in the day. Oops.  :lol:

We were rattled, tried our best to get into ground, but were told only place we could buy tickets was VIP area. Lass outside the entrance, was like "You're English, you can afford it" with a cheeky smile. Tickets were only £20.00 and we had best seats in house, sitting next to some players. We had our own private bar, and pints were like £1.20! :smitten: We were sat next to Wilde Guerrier (player who was injured at time) - got chatting to him, seemed like a sound guy and he couldn't believe how much we were drinking.

You were allowed to drink in the stands, and this guy sitting near us, couldn't believe that a mixture of Newcastle and Leeds fans, had come to watch his beloved Wisla Krakow!

He kept buying us pints. No lies, must have nailed 9-10 pints in just over 2 hours.  :drool:

Wisla ended up winning 1-0 against GKS Belchatow- atmosphere was electric, even though crowd was only around 11-12K. The other lads unfortunately, couldn't work out how to get in, and were super rattled, when we rocked up to the Jewish Quarter a few hours later dribbling on ourselves and banging about how much of a great time we'd had.  :lol: