Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Kun was a far better all-rounder in his early 20s, imo. Displayed some splendid vision and dribbling ability at Atletico. Has honed his game into a pure goalscoring one over the last 5 years.

Disagree with this.

Since Pep’s joined, especially the last two years his all round game has improved. Especially when not in possession. He’s able to play the lone role much better. 

Comfortably above RVN for me.  A player that couldn’t adapt to a changing team.  A player that was not part of any great Man United team.

Technically, Aguero’s a better player than Salah too.  Salah is more athletic but that’s it.  Salah has 1 more assist than Aguero and same amount of goals in many more minutes. 

I don’t have a dog in this fight, but Aguero’s always had a tremendous supporting cast at City, while Rooney had to play with the likes of Ashley Young, Nani, Tony Valencia, Anderson, etc. for years. Aguero’s also been the undisputed #1 goal scorer since he arrived, even with Tevez, Dzeko, and Balotelli in the side. Rooney took a backseat to Ronaldo and Van Persie for sure, and arguably even Berbatov. I think that’s a testament to Rooney’s flexibility as a player.

Rooney’s played in 3 CL finals. Was in a team that won the PL 4 years straight, maybe more. 

Rooney played in better teams than Aguero for sure.

Different types of players though. Overall I may have Rooney higher just due to his versatility. I don’t think Aguero starts in a few of those Man U sides.

Although i’d take a 30 y/o Aguero over a 28 y/o Rooney any day.  I suspect I’d take a 32 y/o Aguero too. 

And Aguero’s been playing a long time himself with lots of muscle injuries. 

Hopefully this sees the end of the Oyston's and the Blackpool fans can get their club back. Their fans seem happy.

Essentially the club has been repossessed, Oysten is out with immediate effect while looking for a new buyer. Emergency meeting of the FA tomorrow to decide on whether to deduct any points. Short term pain for long term gain as a deduction would take them to 3 points from safety but with the good run of form they're on, they'll probably be safe. Happy for them but jealous at the same time!

why do clubs get points docked for going into receivership and/or administration? like obviously i know and have read about it for ages, but just curious the original reason behind this punishment.

This may stem from clubs deliberately going into administration to avoid paying debts. Leicester were the last team to do it without getting penalised iirc, just after they had their new stadium built.

And what Semtex said  O0

why do clubs get points docked for going into receivership and/or administration? like obviously i know and have read about it for ages, but just curious the original reason behind this punishment.

This may stem from clubs deliberately going into administration to avoid paying debts. Leicester were the last team to do it without getting penalised iirc, just after they had their new stadium built.

And what Semtex said  O0

Just read up on that; had no idea Gary Lineker was ever behind any consortium to put them straight.

Guest firetotheworks

I love ones like that. There was a class website or Twitter or something with examples like that of facts you wouldn't believe, like Chris Brunt having more assists than Robert Pires, Ravanelli playing more games for Derby than Boro, and players you don't remember being at certain clubs.