Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

I wish they’d just get on with it.

Absolutely this. Get shot of all 6 of them and let them get on with it. The disparity in income and wealth is poisoning competition. Call it the Champions Money League and let them go at it each week.

Wouldn’t you just have the richest of the rest winning?

Absolutely this. Get shot of all 6 of them and let them get on with it. The disparity in income and wealth is poisoning competition. Call it the Champions Money League and let them go at it each week.

the money gap between everyone outside the asshole 6 isn't that significant at least not compared to man utd, city etc

Maybe? I just know I'd give a shit again. Its just pointless at the minute imo.

I’m drunk and still know this wouldn’t quite work but it would be cool if a player had to start from the third tier.  To play at top tier he has to play for teams that get promoted.  So simply put you can only transfer to teams in your division.  Time for another glass. 

Look at the League One table. There's a 15 point difference between Charlton and Doncaster. You've had 46 games to try and get promoted. Why should you get another chance? If Doncaster somehow get promoted how is that fair on Charlton?

everyone knows the rules going in

If we scrapped the play offs then we would need smaller leagues. No play offs would mean that more clubs would have nothing to play for, for longer. You would essentially have a situation where for 1/3 of a season there are multiple teams not playing for anything.

If you think the 15 point gaps between Charlton and Doncaster is big now, then no play offs and Doncaster and other teams would have given up and possibly wouldn’t have got anywhere near what they got.

The only way to get around it would be to have smaller leagues (though possibly creating a new 5th tier).

If we scrapped the play offs then we would need smaller league. No play offs would mean that more clubs would have nothing to play for, for longer. You would essentially have a situation where for 1/3 of a season there are multiple teams not playing for anything.

If you think the 15 point gaps between Charlton and Doncaster is big now, then no play offs and Doncaster and other teams would have given up and possibly wouldn’t have got anywhere near what they got.

The only way to get around it would be to have smaller leagues (though possibly creating a new 5th tier).

Aye that happened in every one of the 300 seasons previous to the introduction of the play-offs. Football was shite then, it would have been long forgotten by now if not for the play-offs. Which, incidentally were first introduce as a solution to reducing the size of the league.

Guest chopey

5 up 5 down would see Fulham, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Brighton and Southampton replaced with Norwich, Sheff Utd, leeds, WBA and one of Derby, Middlesbrough, Villa and Bristol City, I think that would make for a better league and eventually spread the TV money around more clubs.

Good on her and well said Jenas. The amount of blokes who talk either talk utter fucking shite for the sake of pushing an agenda or trying to boost their profiles, or those that are just complete dullards who continue to get jobs as pundits is a joke. A lot of the women that have came in lately have been excellent, Alex Scott and that Burnley Ladies player who covered our game with them come to mind. That Eni Aluko is a spanner though.