Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

It appears that the only reason for doing so is to ease fixture congestion for the purpose of expanding the amount of Champions League fixtures. How utterly repugnant. :thup:

That's annoyingly backward.

Didn't they have it set out so the smaller teams always got the gate takings too? Would be a shame to lose that.

At the request of the Spanish FA, the Spanish cabinet (yes, the cabinet) has given Ansu Fati Spanish citizenship. He'd have qualified in a few months, but god, sometimes we're really shameless when giving out citizenships to promising foreign-born athletes :lol:

They want him to play in the U17 World Cup that starts later this year.

He was also potentially eligible for Portugal, apparently.

But Fati has lived in Spain since age 6, so it's not as egregious as somebody like Ibaka (who only spent 2 years in Spain). It's just hilarious how the whole thing has been fast-tracked after a couple great performances.

He was also potentially eligible for Portugal, apparently.

But Fati has lived in Spain since age 6, so it's not as egregious as somebody like Ibaka (who only spent 2 years in Spain). It's just hilarious how the whole thing has been fast-tracked after a couple great performances.

It's not even worth mentioning Ibaka, tbh, basketball is completely dishonourable and lawless in this regard. There are all manner of born and bred Black Americans playing for European and Asian countries. Anthony Randolph plays for Slovenia because of his agent, despite never having been there, and Olajuwon was more Nigerian than Agege bread but played for US.

FIFA should change the regualtion regarding citizenship and eligiblity anyway, specifically regarding childhood. If you live in a country ten years as a child, you should be able to play for the national team. Surely long-term residence would be as pertinent as a grandparent.

At the request of the Spanish FA, the Spanish cabinet (yes, the cabinet) has given Ansu Fati Spanish citizenship. He'd have qualified in a few months, but god, sometimes we're really shameless when giving out citizenships to promising foreign-born athletes :lol:

How good is he/can he become in your opinion? Is he a La Masia graduate or someone you pinched from somewhere else?

How good is he/can he become in your opinion? Is he a La Masia graduate or someone you pinched from somewhere else?

Moved to Barca (from Sevilla) when he was 9. They can take the credit. :lol:

I'm seriously a little confused here, a picture of his team mate as a child looks a bit like a character from a well known Spanish chocolate brand. Team mate responds and finds it funny.

Perhaps a little naive to put this on Twitter, but the reaction is crazy.

So are only white people allowed to be used for funny/joke comparisons? I really don't get the jumping all over this and don't see any racism.

I mean, he doesn’t look like the character at all. They’re just both black. And the character itself is already racist.

I understand that friends can find racist stuff funny between themselves, of course that happens.

Also wouldn’t be at all surprised if the friend in question laughs it off but dies a little inside.

I'm seriously a little confused here, a picture of his team mate as a child looks a bit like a character from a well known Spanish chocolate brand. Team mate responds and finds it funny.

Perhaps a little naive to put this on Twitter, but the reaction is crazy.

So are only white people allowed to be used for funny/joke comparisons? I really don't get the jumping all over this and don't see any racism.

:lol: Strange stance to take to show that you knew who the character was.

I mean, he doesn’t look like the character at all. They’re just both black. And the character itself is already racist.

I understand that friends can find racist stuff funny between themselves, of course that happens.

That's subjective though.

It's only white people that are finding this offensive.

Stupid and naive tweet but I find the reaction ridiculous.